What do you guys think of this Supra?

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
someone run a carfax on it and see what the old inspections were. if it backs up the number 4000 is a good number considering its an auto and if the paint is in good shape. if the paint is bad drop another 500-750 off the price, but if the miles are legit its worth it. i paid 5k for my 91turbo 5spd w/ 72k miles in 05 and havent looked back. best money spent

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
4500 for this car seems good. I don't understand why you people are questioning this price. It's turbo, targa, under 70k miles and looks damn clean. No interior shots, but whatever. You're going to look at it before you buy it. Some very clean 100,000 mile mk2s are going for the same price, so I don't understand the griping about the 4500 price here

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Tanya;906652 said:
4500 for this car seems good. I don't understand why you people are questioning this price. It's turbo, targa, under 70k miles and looks damn clean. No interior shots, but whatever. You're going to look at it before you buy it. Some very clean 100,000 mile mk2s are going for the same price, so I don't understand the griping about the 4500 price here

its how much i bought my supra for with a little more mileage on it and the headgasket was already changed.

i think the supra looks good just be sure to ask about the engine!! this is about when headgaskets start to go and why people sell them..

and SC is right. look at pedals, look in the radiator if its toyota red +1 because he takes to to dealer to get serviced, check trans fluid and its smell, any sounds car makes when its started up or comes out... shit like that

check for rust too on the molding behind the front wheels (mud flap things) and test out each shock like you know what you are doing and look for his reaction when you do it (hehe)

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Tanya;906652 said:

Most MK3 owners are cheapasses. You know this. :)

The first one's to bitch about Supras having no value are the same ones who try to buy nice cars for lint and buttons.

Tanya

Supramania Contributor
Aug 15, 2005
Naples, FL
haha yeah. well some mkIII owners are not aware of the BHG issues, so can't blame them if it hasn't been changed. What makes me worry about THIS particular car is that it said it had the waterpump changed. Now, did it overheat? How much did it overheat?

If I were to buy it, assuming engine runs good, I'd immediately retorque those headbolts.

csnow

Matthew 6:33
Apr 5, 2005
Palm Bay, FL
OneJoeZee;906665 said:
Most MK3 owners are cheapasses. You know this. :)

The first one's to bitch about Supras having no value are the same ones who try to buy nice cars for lint and buttons.

Joe your on a roll.... must say I agree with you.

+1 for you today young lad.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
bigaaron;907634 said:
Way too much money for this area, I wouldn't offer more then $2500 for it. Plan on bhg in the first month of ownership.

Wtf?! A car very similar to that sold for 10k here not too long ago