What credit card do you have?

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Shytheed Dumas said:
Well I'll be damned. SC and I see eye to eye again.

Compound interest is one of the most powerful forces in the entire world and it either works for you as earnings on savings/mutual funds, or against you through credit cards and loans as an interest penalty. There is no such thing as "good debt", period. NEVER EVER carry a balance on a credit card or take out a loan on anything but a house. Dave Ramsey FTW - start listening now, and you will save yourself a ton of hassle and worry later on. Guaranteed. :)
who is this dave ramsey? I definetly can pay it off, i just cant wait 4 months to get the cash saved up. Also, i live at a buddies, so no help there, hence "i live by myself" i cant get a loan at 5/3 bank(my bank) w/o cosigner. Thanx everyone for help. Shelby

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
http://www.daveramsey.com/

Dave Ramsey is one smart dude when it comes to money and he's got loads of it to prove it. I used to listen to him a lot even though I never did the debt thing much to begin with and not at all after I got married 8 years ago. It's entertaining stuff, because a lot of people are just crazy in debt and did some really silly things to get there. He would probably tell you to get an extra job through the holidays, don't spend on anything you absolutely have to, sell off a few things you don't need, save, save, save, and buy with cash at Christmas time.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
dave ramsey is god

i bet that would really piss him off

he's a more intellegent version of suze orman

use your favorite search engine...there is a reason why his name gets tossed out whenever there is a public discussion of money/finance issues

YourHondaSux

I like Supras
Aug 12, 2005
Panther Country
www.cardomain.com
Well it looks like everyone agrees. Avoid the credit card, especially for this situation. Get the line of credit from your bank, or even better a loan. If you are a member of a credit union, that would be your best bet. Just remember, the credit cards are not interested in your well being.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Heres the deal...s10=blown motor=1400 bux to fix. Supra=electrical problem+bhg=uber amt of money. I make bout $400 a month before bills. Now, no wheels=no job=no place to live. I get 1200 and get car, all good. See my thinking?

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
KILLERMK3 said:
Heres the deal...s10=blown motor=1400 bux to fix. Supra=electrical problem+bhg=uber amt of money. I make bout $400 a month before bills. Now, no wheels=no job=no place to live. I get 1200 and get car, all good. See my thinking?

see yout thinking, and it's flawed

buy a bicycle used for 50 bucks..that's what i did in your position when i was your age

you aren't going to get anyone to give you a loan on a 400 month income

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Work is bout a 10 mile drive and snow is going to fly soon. So biking wont last long. About my income....know anyone looking for a 19 kid who can do excellent body work? Willing to travel. Dealerships and shops around here take "a friend" to get in.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
crack a newspaper, get a better job

no reason for a young man to be making such a small income, esp if you aren't living at home

shit, i can get you a 13-15 dollar hour gig in like 5 min. in an area with very low cost of living, but you will work your ass off, be sore every morning for a couple of months, and there is no night life to speak of in the area...

HIDPLANET

89 1JZGTE
I dont have credit cards anymore.
When I was younger, I got myself into a lot of debt and it took a long time to clear it all up after late payments etc. Luckily I got it all squared away before buying my first house. Now, if I cant pay for it in cash, I dont get it. Pay everything with debit card or check. With the exception of the home loan and car loan, I pay in full for everything.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
trucker said:
crack a newspaper, get a better job

no reason for a young man to be making such a small income, esp if you aren't living at home

shit, i can get you a 13-15 dollar hour gig in like 5 min. in an area with very low cost of living, but you will work your ass off, be sore every morning for a couple of months, and there is no night life to speak of in the area...
hmmm....sounds tempting. Doing what line of work? If i got all my things caught up, might have to move to texas.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
the ever popular packing house hard work, dirty as hell, but decent pay
might be able to slide into maintainence dept, they seem to always be hiring
prolly 50 new people hire on every week

my company is short of mechanics as well, but gotta be 21 and have cdl, pass fbi, dot background