What credit card do you have?

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
I'm going to finally get a credit card. I'm wondering what company has the best rates and such. I want to know what you all recomend as the overall best credit card, and yes i have searched, but i want real life experiences. Thank you, Shelby

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
just curious how old you are, why do you need one? Credit cards can create alot of shit for you latter down the road.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Be careful with credit cards... they can be alotta hastle... Don't go for those small name bank cards... i had decent experience with chase and even better with bank of america. Since its your first card youll probably have to deal with some shitty card with a high rate. My advice is to charge your gas and pay in full a week before the bill is due for like 6-12 months... this will help build good credit... the better cards will follow suit. Don't charge alot right away... build your credit and get a good card first.

Toyota h8r

Formerly KILLERMK3
Jan 24, 2006
Sylvania ohio
www.cardomain.com
Im 19, need to buy a car now because my dd s10 and my supra are both broke down and require uber amounts of money.:icon_mad: I found a car that a friend owns and i have worked on so i know the history on. His dad wants to sell it to me, but i have no way of having that kind of cash now. He said he can sell it though his car lot using a credit card. Also, the bank doesnt give loans for cars older than 10yrs old. My bank cant give me a loan because i dont have a co-signer. (Live by myself.)

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Well a credit card is a bad idea for this situation. Youre gonna have to do some old fashioned hard work. Sell the S10. You wont get a credit limit over 1000 for your first card... youll be lucky to get 750. plus your introductory interest rate will likely be like 24.9% interest.... which would kill ya on a big charge.

KILLERMK3 said:
Im 19, need to buy a car now because my dd s10 and my supra are both broke down and require uber amounts of money.:icon_mad: I found a car that a friend owns and i have worked on so i know the history on. His dad wants to sell it to me, but i have no way of having that kind of cash now. He said he can sell it though his car lot using a credit card. Also, the bank doesnt give loans for cars older than 10yrs old. My bank cant give me a loan because i dont have a co-signer. (Live by myself.)

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Dude credit cards are evil!!!! Get a line of credit at your bank or something that is way better than a credit card. Credit Card companies prey on 19 year old's. A credit card is ok if you can pay it off every month!!! If you cant do that then stay away from them.........

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I destroyed all of mine 2 years ago.

If I can't pay for it, I don't buy it.

Works well.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral said:
I destroyed all of mine 2 years ago.

Works well.

My parents have always taught me this save philosophy.
If you don't have the money for it, then you don't need it.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Supracentral said:

Works well.

AHMEN to that ;). Guys, credit cards do not build up you credit, they hurt it! Bank loans are what build your credit up. Credit cards will hurt the shit outa your credit report if you so much as become delinquent by a month. No way you're getting a credit card with a spendign limit higher than $500.00. I work for a mortgaging company, I look at credit reports all day, I know this stuff ;).

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
I never put anything on my credit cards that I can't pay off right then. And I never leave charges on for more than a month, and usually less than that. The interest rate is just way too high. I use a CapitalOne card and a PayPal credit card. My fiancee has a credit card that she gets a percentage back on a lot of purchases, which is nice.

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
Well I'll be damned. SC and I see eye to eye again.

Compound interest is one of the most powerful forces in the entire world and it either works for you as earnings on savings/mutual funds, or against you through credit cards and loans as an interest penalty. There is no such thing as "good debt", period. NEVER EVER carry a balance on a credit card or take out a loan on anything but a house. Dave Ramsey FTW - start listening now, and you will save yourself a ton of hassle and worry later on. Guaranteed. :)

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
take out a personal loan from a bank. as you are living on your own, i take it that you have a source of income? find a nice person from a good bank that will let you do this.

trucker

Feb 18, 2006
i'm bad, i'm nationwide
wow...i got my ass reamed over in cs over my views on credit cards and such

if it ain't a house, i ain't borrowing for it, period

capitol one wants to know what's in my wallet?

CASH