What Catalytic Converter do you have?

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
I'm researching around and just wanted to see who's running what kind of catalytic converter on their supra. I'm in the market of buying a 3 inch high flow Cat but there isn't much choices. Any info of where you got it from would be nice too.

Thanks!

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Random Technology.
Bought it from Jeff when he ran SupraSport.com
Used it once, failed emissions, bought my way out of it and put it on the shelf.

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
Yea i've been to hpf and all other websites.

I want to pass emissions but I don't want to buy my way out of it every two years!

You think i'll pass with just one high-flow cat? (I have read stories of people not passing with just one cat when they install a downpipe).

Last edited:

b005t3d

Banned
Jul 14, 2005
bellevue,nashville, tn
i took a stock cat off a ford f350 , hollowed it out for the visual inspection thing. mine passes emissions suprisingly with a hollowed out cat and a full 3.5 inch exhaust from the turbo back. wierd.

bwest

Drafting, not tailgating
May 18, 2005
HippieTown, CA
had a catco - worked for 1 smog cycle, then wouldn't light off (cheap cat+ lots of idle/around town driving = short life).
now a random tech - works like a champ, car runs so clean it could almost pass as an LEV... I have been running 1 cat for 4 years in CA with no issues (beyond above).

personally, i would never run w/o a cat, but that is just my .02...

tonysupra

Supramania Contributor
Dec 3, 2005
CT
thanks, i think i will go with random technology! if it passes in CA, then it could pass anywhere.

Caplax40

Grand Tourer
Feb 12, 2006
Boise, ID
bwest said:
now a random tech - works like a champ, car runs so clean it could almost pass as an LEV... I have been running 1 cat for 4 years in CA with no issues (beyond above).

personally, i would never run w/o a cat, but that is just my .02...

I have the Titan Motorsports Cat which I thought was just a rebadged RT cat (correct me if I'm wrong) and like yours it performed amazingly well. The emissions guy was a little shocked at how low the numbers were. This was with a BIC dp, and a Tanabe Super Hyper Medallion.