School: Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Accounting
Re-reading: Adobe Photoshop classroom in a book
Fiction: I Jedi
Non-Fiction: Oliver North American Heros

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
I am re-reading Daughter of the Forest by Juilet Marillier. The fourth book took about 2 years to come out, so I feel the need to read the first three books again before diving into the fourth book.

If you like fantasy/fairy tales, this series is awesome. The author took the original fairy tale of The Six Swans, by the Brothers Grimm (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Six_Swans), and adapted it into a fantasy series. Obviously, she extends the fairy tale to suit her needs, but it is still an awesome read!

canadian_psyko

Jan 3, 2008
Surrey, BC
DsBetterHalf;1238606 said:
I'm stuck halfway through Chainfire...I'm not sure I like where Goodkind went with it.
Yeah, Chainfire was/is the hardest to read. The first time though was rough, we'll see how the second reading is in a couple days.

ms07s

TORGUE!
Sep 29, 2007
Memphis,Tn
Supracentral;1238586 said:
The House Economic Recovery Bill HR 1. - the most depressing 647 pages I've ever read...

I got about 3 pages into it and emailed all my elecected represenatives.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
Been a while since I wrote in here due to the ice storm and all but I finished the last book and am almost done with the next one, "The Demon Apostle" book 3.

To the Terry Goodkind readers, I didn't have so much trouble reading Chainfire as much as Pillars of Creation. That book agravated me because the main character in the series didn't show up until the end of the book.

MK-111

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2007
Wigan
just finished the Bourne betrayal, by Lustbader,
it was ok, but his writing style is different than Robert Ludlums, and the books seem to have lost something.

Have just started The Dark tower sereis by Stephen King again, I never read the last 2 when they came out, so downloaded them as ebooks last night.

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Into Thin Air Jon Krakauer, Great read for any one and if you are a climber its quite a look inside the rigors of 8000M + climbing.

Also working on Angles & Demons Dan Brown. Wanted to read it before the Movie comes out.

Jeremy

TopSecret

"Fudge you, butthole!"
Sep 4, 2005
BC
I started on Stephen King's "Just after sunset" a couple days ago.

Very nice so far.