What are the differences between pre 89 to post 89 supras

RaTyBaStArD

May 15, 2007
Oregon
Ok here is the run down. Im about to buy an 87' Targa Turbo for $2500 and I want to know what are the differences are between the pre and post 89' supras? I know post 89' supras have a different front bumper, rear tail lights, 3 piece wing, steering wheel, 5 spoke wheels, and motor mounts. I've also read that they changed the wastegate and lowered the redline (due to the heavier crank with cylinders 2 & 5 counterbalanced?) Am I missing anything? Im more concerned about performance rather then looks anyway. So, does the post 89' 7M have more potential? Oh and does $2500 sound good for a clean title, clean everything 87' that has 160+ k? Or should I wait for a better deal. Give me your 2 cents (if its not tied up in supra parts,:sarcasm: )

spoolme

supra4umsfreak
May 9, 2005
Roswell, NM
air bags on some, different colors, speakers, 91-92 1" lower stock, 2hp, different wiring...
and 160k is kinda a lot.

RaTyBaStArD

May 15, 2007
Oregon
GrimJack said:

Thanks man, that pretty much sums everything up. Now Im waiting on the guy to buy another car, so I can take the Supra off of his hands. Yeah spoolme, I was thinking the same 160k is kinda alot:3d_frown: ; do you guys know a reptable engine distributer that sells cheap 7m's, if the engine is screwed up? I'll keep you guys informed on the car.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
GrimJack said:
You are both teh fail. Molded wings are so much better.
MOLD12.JPG
:icon_razz

RaTyBaStArD

May 15, 2007
Oregon
Ohh and if I get the car, here's what it looks like........

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

All Stock. Hopefully the guy will sell it. NOTE: no molding of the wing :sarcasm:

RaTyBaStArD

May 15, 2007
Oregon
Ok, I tried to get a hold of the guy about the supra and now hes avoiding me.
So Im guessing Im not getting his car. Now Im back on the search for a 86-92 Supra Turbo or a 83-87 Toyota Corolla GT-S(AE86) So if you know anyone close to Portland Oregon that wants to sell either one of these cars, shoot me an email rlhong@hotmail.com