Went to the Dyno (Follow-up Thread)

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
i dunno.... i might be selling everything shortly, i want to go big with something like a GT40 or 42.... i want to make some real power.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
the WG is being held shut by the spring.... in my case only 4lbs. when you start to build a lot of boost and at high RPM the back-pressure in the exhaust manifold increases and if it is enough it will over power the WG spring and force the valve open and not allow you to build any more boost.

so like i said 4lbs is pretty weak so i ordered a 1 bar spring to make sure:)

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
boostadikt said:
It's not bad my turbo is a bit laggy but it spools about 4000 rpm it doesn't bother me one bit, 1000 hp cars have a lot more lag some of them dont spool till 5500 and compared to a lot of my friends that have turbo hondas and such that dont get boost till about 5000 and full boost at 6000, its a pleasure to drive.
but they rev higher so have more of a powerband then 1500 rpms..

time for a different exhaust housing.. or newturbo ;)

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Yeah.. i want a new turbo, but like i said its really not as bad as you would think, i can stay at full boost from shift to shift, and it pulls crazy hard in 3rd. on the street i have full boost at around 4500 so i have 2200 rpm of power :)

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
There's your problem, .96 A/R and an On-center housing ;).

Edit:: this is in regards to post #20, I hate it when I post and then realize there was another page :3d_frown:.

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Why does Everyone hate my turbo!?:nono:..... its not that bad, the lag doesn't bother me as much as i guess it would bother most of you, but i do want something larger..... im thinking about a T4/T67 anyone used one or have other recomendations for a good 700hp turbo?

dbsupra90

toonar
Apr 1, 2005
indiucky
a pt67 w/ a .68 a/r is what you are looking for!

congrats on the numbers btw. it does look a little laggy for what it is, but like was said thats because of the housing. .96 is rather big to begin with, and on center housings dont flow as good as a tang housing as well.

still, how it spools on the dyno is not nec indicative of how it behaves on the street. im not familiar w/ that type of dyno at all, so its hard to comment. but from what you describe, it would def be better w/ a smaller tang housing. would spool faster without any sacrifice of power.

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
boostadikt said:
Why does Everyone hate my turbo!?:nono:..... its not that bad, the lag doesn't bother me as much as i guess it would bother most of you, but i do want something larger..... im thinking about a T4/T67 anyone used one or have other recomendations for a good 700hp turbo?
I had a t67 .70a/r on my cammed 1jz, got full boost ~ 4500 on the street and pulled hard.. only ran like 17 psi on the setup, it was strong.. never dynoed though.. then I sold the engine for a slower stock twined 2jz, haha

I still have 67, but I think im going to step it up to a 71+ on my 2jz..

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
boostadikt said:
im thinking about a T4/T67 anyone used one or have other recomendations for a good 700hp turbo?
Just get a GT4067R and get it over with... You'll love the turbo... Wicked spool, high flow, definately good for 700... Even with a large AR, like a 96, the spool on it is dramatically better than other turbos... Even the non BB version is bad ass...

tissimo

Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
Reign_Maker said:
Just get a GT4067R and get it over with... You'll love the turbo... Wicked spool, high flow, definately good for 700... Even with a large AR, like a 96, the spool on it is dramatically better than other turbos... Even the non BB version is bad ass...
where does it spool at on your car jake? :icon_razz

Tun_x

Built to do the NASTY!!
Apr 1, 2005
Utah
MRSUPRA said:
Nice numbers... Tell the damn dyno operator to start the run at lower RPM so we can get a better idea of the power curve.
I was the one operating the dyno !!