Went to the Dyno (Follow-up Thread)

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
Yup it was a week and a half ago but i was struggling with the videos. I ended up making 425 Rwhp and 411 Tq, I was hoping to see 500+ but I maxed out at 19 Psi either because of my crappy home depo boost controller:nono: or that i created too much back pressure for the 4 Lb spring in the wastegate, anyways no worries I have a new spring and boost controller on the way!:biglaugh:

also it was on a LandJet dyno, which the guy said reads lower than a dynojet, he said i would easily be above 450 on a DynoJet..... Anyone have any experience with a LandJet? I am Very confident that shes got more than 500 HP in her i just need to get the boost up!

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/SupraSteve/?action=view&current=Clip4.flv

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y60/SupraSteve/?action=view&current=Clip6.flv

p573461_1.jpg

MRSUPRA

Apr 11, 2005
Maryland
Nice numbers... Tell the damn dyno operator to start the run at lower RPM so we can get a better idea of the power curve.

turbogate

Life is Boost
May 18, 2005
South, FL
Congrats, nice set-up. But let me the first to ask, as you know this question will be coming up shortly. Mods list please:biglaugh:

Good job

tissimo

Stock is boring :(
Apr 5, 2005
Melbourne, FL
LAG...

what turbo is that? you need some more revs to make it worth it..

why a 4 lbs spring in the gate? back pressure is blowing open the gate im pretty sure..

nice numbers though!

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
turbogate said:
Congrats, nice set-up. But let me the first to ask, as you know this question will be coming up shortly. Mods list please:biglaugh:

Good job

:withstupi

car sounds great and put down some good numbers...

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I suppose its pretty good for peak numbers. Looks about as practical to drive as one of those 1000rwhp single turbo cars though...

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
mkIIIman089 said:
I suppose its pretty good for peak numbers. Looks about as practical to drive as one of those 1000rwhp single turbo cars though...

It's not bad my turbo is a bit laggy but it spools about 4000 rpm it doesn't bother me one bit, 1000 hp cars have a lot more lag some of them dont spool till 5500 and compared to a lot of my friends that have turbo hondas and such that dont get boost till about 5000 and full boost at 6000, its a pleasure to drive.

Mods list:
Roto master T04B, custom log style manifold
Custom FFIM, Built by me :)
Fmic, pipes ect.
One long strait 3 inch exhaust pipe with no cats
Safc, 550's, walbro, AFPR, ect.
Weisco pistons, shot peened rods, fully balanced, Titan 1.4mm HG, all ARP hardware, clevite 77 bearings.
spec stage 3 clutch...
koyo radiator
uhm probably a lot of other crap i forgot as well.

Reign_Maker

Has cheezberger
Aug 31, 2005
Florida
Good question IJ... Im thinking it may have been a3rd gear pull because it comes on so sudden and pulls that "r" shaped power band...

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
no it was a 4th gear pull, the inductive clamp was broken so he synced the Rpms with the speed of the roller, so i think it was a little off like the rpms are 100 or so higher on the graph, right as i shifted into 4th i floored it and he started recording.

edit: Why did the thread name get changed? just curious

boostadikt

Freeway Foreplay
May 11, 2006
c-ville, Utah
its an old School roto-master t04B, the reason it is so laggy is because i am running a .96 a/r on the exhaust side.

I had a .69 a/r exhaust and the housing got warped somehow and the turbo ate itself, So i had it rebuilt with everything new but the comp housing the guy had the .96 housing in the shop on-center and everything and he offered me a really good deal.

also i wanted a bigger housing because I was generating a ton of heat and he said i needed something a little bigger to keep EGT's down