Well I just won a Lightning on EBAY

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
Well I got 5 days left. bidding is up to 8600, I just sent him a message asking him what his reserve is.

I figure if i can pick it up for 13-14k i'll have an alright deal. Its pretty low milage and all stock. I'll do just a few things to it, and then drive it.

One nice thing with the ford programmers is you can reprogram your speedo so you put almost zero miles on the truck while driving... Not that I would do that.. it's just what I've heard.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
that's just wrong...

But I tend to agree. The SRT-10 and Lightning both handle for shit and would still get eaten by a lowly Syclone in most areas...

If I wanted a fast truck it would be a Syclone...

bigaaron

Supramania Contributor
Apr 12, 2005
Pomona, CA
www.driftmotion.com
That's exactly what I mean, why have 500hp in a vehicle with poor handling, and then lower it so it's not really even good for towing. All it's good for is burnouts. Plus it's a single cab so there is no room inside for all you stuff. Stop with the Ford and Mercedes and get a freakin Supra already! :icon_razz

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
bigaaron said:
That's exactly what I mean, why have 500hp in a vehicle with poor handling, and then lower it so it's not really even good for towing. All it's good for is burnouts. Plus it's a single cab so there is no room inside for all you stuff. Stop with the Ford and Mercedes and get a freakin Supra already! :icon_razz

lol...............

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
now, don't get me wrong, I don't mind fast trucks.

My dad had a friend back in the day that stuffed a fuelie into a chevy pickup (this is back when fuelies where new), and it looks BONE STOCK on the outside, was quiet, and if you open the hood it looked like it came from the factory that way.

It crushed so many people it wasn't even funny. They never saw it coming...

Now a Lightning or an SRT-10? They're heavy and not as fast as they should be. Take those same engines and stuff em into say a Ranger and a Dakota repectively, and now you're cookin...

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I was behind a cyclone today... cool truck, but I need something newer and more reliable......

plus a syclone is damn hard to find.