weighed my car today!!!

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
figgie said:
wait wait

the lot of oyu are bitching about 7.50???

You know just when I think you guys can not get any more stingy than what you already are, you guys outdo yourself. AMAZING!

7.50? What?

I'm confused. :icon_bigg

Jeff

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
P1010001.JPG

There's an engine in there, we just took out all the stuff we didn't need.

In the other pic and when it was weighed, the only major things that were missing are the front bumper and the exhaust from the cat. But there's still a lot more weight to be saved by replacing some stuff with lighter components, like the hood. And there's still a lot of unnecessary wiring to be removed, plus a couple more things on the interior.

P1010007.JPG

That's the only pic I have of the interior, you can see it's basically bare. The passenger seat was in the car when it was weighed. Right now inside just has 2 seats, the dash, door panels, the heater core and fan and everything are still in there too. But we did remove the ac piece that's under the dash which was a decent bit of weight and I'm sure a lot of people forget about it. We still need to do something about the dash to save some weight and I'm considering trying to find a smaller heater core and air ducting to use. We wanted to keep it because we're in the northeast and we don't want the windshield fogging up to hurt us anymore than it has to. We also removed all the sound deadening and stuff that's on the firewall, I think all of that was worth about 30lbs. Everything behind the seats is basically stripped, speakers, antenna, rear wiper, etc. All of it's gone.

I think we're close to the limit of the weight you can take out of the car without spending much money. Once I get the shocks built for the car, we're going to see how much more weight we can take out and get it ready for a cage. I would really like to see the car no higher than the 3k mark in race trim, so with the cage and everything else we would need to run at the track.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i weighed my car last year and i hit grand toltal 2980 i was shocked this is with me not in the car

this time around i think i gained weight for this build but i gaingn crap load of power so this will nto break me in any way

stuff i have removed brife

ac gone
heater gone
ps gone
ffi less piping
aulim drive shaft
no sound deading at all not even on the fire wall
window wash junk though out the hole car is gone
seast have bena replace wiht my 10 pound seats
86.5 hard top
no abs
lost of miss bolts gone
no egr
gutted hood cut the braing out it's clowed so it no an issue
light weight fly wheel
drilled rotors
cusotm front impaced bumper light weight
miss woreing pulled out

and some other things

but wiht this build i ganied wheight so my gues wil be 3100

but during winter i goig to poping in full cage sub fram to sub fram then going ot cut bunch of crap off the shell so kine liek be sheet mealt wiht cage and aumin floor

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
I don't have money to roll in...Nor do I have money to spare.
$7.50 is a lot of money for me to spend when I can do it for completely FREE.
How much is free? Zero Dollars.

Thanks.

:)

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
They're all free around here, too.

That's why I was SO SHOCKED to hear that he had to pay to weigh his car...

because where I'm from and where I've been, that's just unnessesary.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
psshh...

I removed my floorboards because I didn't need/want them... Now I have to watch out and make sure I don't screw up my intake and have them go flying off on me...

ya'll are freaking nuts, for real. :nono:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The only place I have weighed a car was free, but that was at the 1/4 mile track. Most truck scales I have seen are not free.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Jspec7m88 said:
Matt:
Speaking of being nuts...

How's the 5speed Impressida doin'?!111

:p

.5 sec off the 1/4 time with the clutch slipping like a mofo

100 miles on it and still running like a champ. White smoking daily!

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
.5 sec off the 1/4 time with the clutch slipping like a mofo

100 miles on it and still running like a champ. White smoking daily!

I'm Jealous.

You should drive it to Chicago...

:p

TurboStreetCar

Formerly Nosechunks
Feb 25, 2006
Long Island, Ny
stock targa body with spare 1/2 tank gas not including me 3650 at a truck scale, yes it was free

things i removed: A/c, cruise control, charcoal canister, none of these things were intended for weight savings, basicly the a/c didnt work so i pulled it out, the cruise controll was shitty lookin and the engine bay looks better without it and same for the charcoal canister.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
lol

I'd be up there in the hp range of the single'd mkIV's, I'd hate to show so many people up.

Car is still full interior although not in the stock locations (everything is thrown in the backseat pretty much), to stay on topic.