weighed my car today!!!

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
i have been wanting to weigh my car ever since i got it well today i did, it cost me $7.50 took about2 minutes to do and finally ..... my car weighed in at a hefty 3154lbs i will get a pic of the bill if anyone doesnt believe me it says 3360lbs but that was with my wife and 3 kids in the car. after taking of there weight it comes down to 3154. not too bad i dont think.:naughty:

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
where do you weigh it at. id be curious what mine clocks in at. ive been pulling junk out that i dont need ever since i got the car. i know i havent saved any drastic amount but still its something ;)

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
lol mine too,
ac system gone
rear seats
factory speaker pods
spare
washer reservoirs
trunk trim pieces
power ant.(was actually heavy!)

i plan to gut the interior, pull the dash totally out. going to do old school sheet metal setup for minimal guages/controls.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Godspeed said:
sound deadining
pwr steering
air cond. sys.
heating system. because it was broke
spare tire

What the F.

I'm ASSUMING you are Hardtop?

I have PS completely removed as is AC.
No spare tire, NO interior except for dash, seats and door panels.

I weighed in at 3,328lbs with a BUNCH of tools, misc. stuff and a 10" Sub in a single box. With all of that out, It should come down to 3200 or so...

BTW: Pay to weigh your car!? :cry:
Junkyards have scales...er...every one I've been to has and they should let you do it for free...That's how I did mine.

*NINJA EDIT* I'm Hardtop, too.

supra_driven

Jun 3, 2005
dfw
Jspec7m88 said:
BTW: Pay to weigh your car!? :cry:
Junkyards have scales...er...every one I've been to has and they should let you do it for free...That's how I did mine.

That's what i was thinking also, Ironically i was selling all the aluminum and scrap iron that i took off the car. So in a sense i got paid, and got my car weighed.:biglaugh:

whenmunkysfly

scratch that...going 2jz
Jun 26, 2006
United States
yea just hit the truck scales when they're not open then you dont have to pay a thing, but the scales still work my vw is 2400lb.s and as soon as i got the supra running thats the first ting i'll do. NEVER pay to have your car scaled.

iwannadie

Jul 28, 2006
gilbert, az
Wills7MGTE said:
I think people take weight reduction a bit too far, pretty soon we will have supra guys purging thier food and getting enemas before races.

ya with a car thats heavy as the supra to begin with. its like trimming nails off a rhino to get its weight down. for me i dont need/use the stuff i took out so no point in keeping it. weightloss is just a bonus for me.

Jspec7m88

Dec 3, 2005
Nappy City
Well...there's NOTHING wrong with weight reduction..

Just make sure it's done in the correct places.
Don't take 300lbs out of the rear of your car(some way or another)
because then you won't have as much weight on your tires, which increase your chances of spinning. Forget weight reduction. We need to focus on weight TRANSFER. (Hint: Put your battery in the back and be cool like me. ;))

LOL.

Godspeed

88 supra turbo 5spd
May 13, 2005
Asheville n.c.
none of the junk yards around here have scales, and the scales at the truck stop well its 24hr and you have to go in to get you weight reciept. i wanted to keep the car looking complete so i didnt remove any interior. such as seats etc. but remember alot of my weight was lost when the engine was swapped it has a 1ggte remember. its smaller than the 7m's