WeezLNose™ ? Who wants one at TX2k7?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
So, I talked to my buddy that lives in Houston. We have been talking about moving to Austin together (Hey Lance, Im gonna wanna talk to about this later). I asked if he had room for me to live in Houston with him until Summer (when his son will be out of school), and he does! Soooo...Im moving to Houston, and if all goes well I will be there in time for TX2K7. I am going to try to build a few hoods to take with me since I will be renting a truck and trailer to get there.

I guess what Im saying here is I am trying to gauge interest in my custom hood delivered to TX2k7. I would like some prospective buyers thoughts on what such a thing would be worth. I would also like some feedback on the idea of maybe offering these delivered pre-custom painted (factory colors or stock aftermarket colors). That way someone could buy a hood, have it match painted, and delivered to TX so they could swap the hood then and there.

I would most likely have to ask some kind of a deposit or down payment ahead of time, but delivery (to TX) would be free. So let me know what you guys think about this idea and who might be interested depending on all these factors.

(Im planning on bringing at least a couple of hoods anyway, but custom made to your taste would be better right?)

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Oh sorry I assumed everyone knew what I was talking about.

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29810

That has a picture of it and page two of my build thread (link in my sig) is where I start showing pictures of the process and more completed pics. The painting would be done by a local body shop if someone wants that. Mostly Im just trying to find out how many I should try to bring down there.

Ray, I will be leaving in just under two months so, if you want one we need to talk soon.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Action shot ;):
IMG_2131.jpg

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well, looks like responce for this is less that stellar. It looks like I sold one locally, and will be doing a different version for that person with an intake scoop and a turbo vent. Not sure if Im doing a cowl lift of not on this one yet. When I get the hood finished I will post pics of it.

I would still love to make one or two of these to bring with me to the TX event. Btw its a done deal and Im coming to TX for sure. Sorry to all my NW friends but this move is something I need to do. Only thing left for me to figure out is what Im taking with me.

yaitsme

Beach Bum
Mar 2, 2006
Cheatham County, TN
Sorry I couldn't speak-up there, WeezL ...

I like what you're doing, though my tastes are more for the oem cowl w/ a properly engineered, (subtle) reverse scoop. There's just no way I'm making it to Tx this year ... and too many other dollars spent elsewhere to consider the coast-to-coast transaction.

I saw the WeezLwing being marketed on ebay the other day & thought 'good for you'! Don't let the less-than-stellar response get to you! :thumbup:

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Damn!!!!!! I want one of these and a set of Weezlwings BAD!

But, as of now, I can't commit to the parts or wether I'll be at TX2K7. I definitely want to be there.

Will you have the capability to do these things once you get to Texas?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Most likely I will continue to do hoods when I move to TX. The Targa braces I feel are done. Not enough responce at this point to continue making more. I still have 7 or 8 left and when those are finally gone that will be it. I was thinking I would move on to mk4 bars but that is in doubt now since the cost of doing business over at SF is too high for a small time operation like myself.

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
Well part of why I posted this was to get an idea of what people thought they would be worth. I really dont have a set price in mind. I really didnt track the hours I put into mine. I posted a price on these once but that was for local pickup and got no real responce.

I was thinking in the neighborhood of $300-$400 depending on how many mods are done (cowl lift, intake scoop, turbo vent) with a core charge of $50 (you give me a hood back in return and I take $50 off). That would include the body work and primer, it would be paint ready. But Im open to arguement on the topic.

The reason I offered to get them painted here is that I thought maybe someone would want to put the hood on immediately and have it match for the show. It would be kind of hard to match perfectly though so it would be a risk I suppose.

Anyway, Im probably going to build a couple anyway, but I would love to have some feedback on what people would like and what a fair price would be.