Water to the Throttle Body

mrnickleye

Love My Daily Driver !
Jun 8, 2005
Mojave Desert, Ca
I've been running mine by-passed for 4 months, and right away it seemed I have better throttle responce. Cooler intake air.

As we get into fall weather, it feels like I have 20 more HPs in the early morning.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
In the diagram, you bypass the existing lines (the ones with arrows) by using another hose which I have drawn in with a thick black line.

(I was going to do it in red, but it wouldn't let me and I didn't feel like screwing with the settings.)

Last edited:

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
how would it act in the winter would it mess any sensors or anything else when it gets really cold outside like missouri winter weather???

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
Not so much emission control, as keeping the throttle warm so the condensation doesn't collect and freeze the throttle plate open.
It's happened.

89_turborunner

Oct 1, 2006
Oregon
supra90turbo said:
Not so much emission control, as keeping the throttle warm so the condensation doesn't collect and freeze the throttle plate open.
It's happened.

Yep. I have never heard of it happening, but this is the correct explaination.

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
hottscennessey said:
In the diagram, you bypass the existing lines (the ones with arrows) by using another hose which I have drawn in with a thick black line.

(I was going to do it in red, but it wouldn't let me and I didn't feel like screwing with the settings.)

The new hose that you are implementing in that diagram, it's hard to tell, but is it right in between the intake manifold and engine? BTW, what type of hose do you all generally use when doing the mod?

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
i did this a few years ago, first with my N/A motor, then with my GTE. it's easy to do, and i just used some of the correct size hose from the parts store.

(i bypassed the ISC too)

-shaeff

KINGPIN33

Apr 3, 2005
Canada
shaeff said:
i did this a few years ago, first with my N/A motor, then with my GTE. it's easy to do, and i just used some of the correct size hose from the parts store.

(i bypassed the ISC too)

-shaeff

If you bypass the ISC, won't you get a crappy idle? From what I understand the ISC measures the temperature of the coolant and adjusts the idle accordingly. When its cold the idle raises and lowers as the coolant warms up.
Or am I completely wrong at what the ISC does?

s turbo 87

Accepting Donations
Apr 5, 2005
Louisville, KY
KINGPIN33 said:
If you bypass the ISC, won't you get a crappy idle? From what I understand the ISC measures the temperature of the coolant and adjusts the idle accordingly. When its cold the idle raises and lowers as the coolant warms up.
I think it runs through the isc for the same reason that it runs through the throttle body, to keep it from freezing up.

hottscennessey

DONT BE A BITCH!
Jun 3, 2005
Richmond, VA
KINGPIN33 said:

No, the ECU temp sensor off the thermostat housing measures the temperature, the ECU then opens or closes the ISC valve. I used to think the same thing actually.

rocketman

Oct 2, 2006
md
Ok im blind i cant see the blk and white.. Does the water lines go to the isc vales and out the Throtle body ..?????????