W58 Rear Seal Bushing

B

boogiesurfer

It seems impossible for me to get the proper part. Toyota doesn't even have a part # for the rear housing output shaft bushing (the driveshaft yoke rides in it just before the rear seal). Because of the poor job that was done on my driveshaft, the rear seal is always leaking, and the bushing damaged (vibration caused, I've been told). Toyota will only sell the whole rear housing :icon_mad: I had a local transmission shop here in Hawaii bring in a bushing for me, and it fit on the yoke, but wasn't "thick" enough to fit into the housing properly :nono: Soooo, since my original bushing was pulled, and I didn't want my vehicle to be disabled for days waiting for a new bushing to be "made", We reinstalled the old one, and now, I've garaged the vehicle, hoping not to damage the yolk, while I look for this bushing. This is not a difficult job with the right removal tool, and proper bushing . :1zhelp:

suprana1990

Apr 4, 2005
NYC
email curt (elmhursttoyota) or jeff (champion toyota)
they will definite have it and can send it over to you but don't know what is the price.

you can always ask them to ship it 2nd day thru uPS

B

boogiesurfer

Thank you very much Suprana1990. I searched for Elmhurst, and found them in Illinois, so I emailed Curt. However, When I found Champion Group, there are three different locations. Do you or anyone else out there know a phone # or way I can contact Jeff @ Champion Group? Thanks again for your help :icon_excl

B

boogiesurfer

Thanks again for all your help Suprana1990, and also to bcg04 and wulfstan for the e-mail addresses. I've e-mailed Curt and Jeff tonight, and hope they can assist :icon_bigg

B

boogiesurfer

Hey Suprana 1990, I sure appreciate all your help, but I've e-mailed these two sources twice since my original post with no response. Is it possible I can get some phone #'s? Thanks very much :icon_excl