W58 not really fitting 7mge?

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
gaboonviper85;1356437 said:
Hmm grass and steel don't mix...hope it doesn't start to rust! I'd make some nylon pucks to bolt to the frame so you can rest it on pavement without scraping! If you're into frame draging make titanium pucks instead...all the boys will be jealous when your sparks are 100,000,000 x brighter than theirs!

Read "Fueltank Horror Stories" on some of the minitruckin' forums...I ain't blowin' my sh*t up. I have a custom built aluminum tank in the back that lays about 1" off the ground when layed out. I dump to shoot sparks and I'll be the entertainment come the 4th of July! LOL!
"In the grass", car shows?! I know it's not everyone's cup of tea, but I never wanted to do the norm. I've always gone another direction and tried things other people haven't done. I started the frontend conversion back in 2001 and just kept going with it. My original plan was to do the front Eclipse and mold the 3 piece taillight into the rear. I might do Civic tails, but I'm not sure. Maybe doing a build thread would give me a little more insight into what direction to take?
Gotta tell you though, you guys might not be saying, "Oh we love your truck"!, but atleast your not like most of the d***h**ds on the Mini forums that can't stand that I didn't go traditional 4wd frontend and tweed interior...been there done that! Preciate it anyhow.

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
Here's 2 pics of the Supra dash modified to fit in the truck. This was a bit of a trick cause I had to mix all the wiring from my stock gauges to operate the Supra gauges, but everything works now. I also had to use the Supra dash support so the dash could bolt in nice and tight...and it does!
l_dc9cb9e26eaa4796bded1c52d9dd17f7.jpg

l_7f719a0981ed4291886e8da097281664.jpg

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
maybe use a tsunami kit..?

16762250044_large.jpg

or you can use the Canadian Acura 1.6 EL/Civic Domani/Isuzu Gemini front end...

p1358021_1.jpg

p1358021_2.jpg

p1358021_3.jpg

it's the same as the EK civic front you're using..

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
RazoE;1358021 said:
maybe use a tsunami kit..?

or you can use the Canadian Acura 1.6 EL/Civic Domani/Isuzu Gemini front end...

it's the same as the EK civic front you're using..

It's a VIS Invader II on there now. I will probably go a little more subtle when all is said and done. I have a Drifter front bumper on my 240 that I like. It's clean and looks really good on it.
Kinda like this:
1996-1998%20Honda%20Civic%20Drifter%20Front%20Bumper.jpg

I don't know about the Canadian front bumpers...that's maybe a little too subtle for me. I need to get my hands on another Supra hood. I need to do a raised cowl hood and thought it would look cool to use the MKIII sheetmetal to do it. Kinda blend Supra into a little o' everything.

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
Few questions. Since this obviously isn't going back into a Supra there are a few things I'm not using. I've never used charcoal canisters so that's gone. But what is the canister under the intake manifold? I thought it went to the cruise control or something and I'm not using cruise, so...
Also, the VSV's. I understand some are for the auto trans. I'm going manual so I'm wondering if anyone has the info on which is which, and it's function. Anything else that can be deleted, let me know. I know there's lots of threads with crap talking about deleting stuff, EGR's staying, so just let me know what's what, please.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
The thing below the intake manifold bolted to the block is for the ACIS. Do not remove it or its companion vacuum solenoid or ACIS will not work.

The ACIS is a butterfly valve that closes at around 4K rpms and changes the intake dynamics from a short runner intake to a long runner, may be the other way around, I can't exactly remember. But it give the engine a little pickup to help carry it through higher rpms.

Crazy build up though! I can't believe the dash looks as good as it does. I always had a place for lowrider trucks, as I have one. No fancy bags or body mods like yours, just a nice suspension drop. Good luck!

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
Chambers;1365942 said:
The thing below the intake manifold bolted to the block is for the ACIS. Do not remove it or its companion vacuum solenoid or ACIS will not work.

The ACIS is a butterfly valve that closes at around 4K rpms and changes the intake dynamics from a short runner intake to a long runner, may be the other way around, I can't exactly remember. But it give the engine a little pickup to help carry it through higher rpms.

Crazy build up though! I can't believe the dash looks as good as it does. I always had a place for lowrider trucks, as I have one. No fancy bags or body mods like yours, just a nice suspension drop. Good luck!
Thanks man, preciate the compliments. And good timing. I was yard all that stuff out today. Guess it's gonna stay. There are a few other VSV's up under the intake manifold too. You or anyone know what those are for? I have a a few from the 7m and 22re and can't remember which are which and whether I need them. Thanks

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
Sideways_bob;1366325 said:
Nice build man. like everyone else said make a build thread. it would be amazing.

I guess I might as well, considering the number of requests. It's gonna take me a little time to get the pictures together, but I'll get working on it.
In the meantime, anything anyone knows or has done themselves to clean up the engine, other than deleting the EGR, let me know. I'm pulling the motor and trans to finish the firewall and get my crossmember welded in (just finished fabbing it up today). I'll keep you all posted when I start it though.
Thanks for the props!:love:

Sideways_bob

Banned
Jul 8, 2009
KY
supradragontoy;1366364 said:
I guess I might as well, considering the number of requests. It's gonna take me a little time to get the pictures together, but I'll get working on it.
In the meantime, anything anyone knows or has done themselves to clean up the engine, other than deleting the EGR, let me know. I'm pulling the motor and trans to finish the firewall and get my crossmember welded in (just finished fabbing it up today). I'll keep you all posted when I start it though.
Thanks for the props!:love:

1. Relocate the fusebox to under the fender
2. Remove the stock airbox and piping and upgrade to a aluminum pipe and open element filter
3. polish valve covers, throttle plates and ect
4. use a set of nice blue, red, ect plug wires
5. clear timing cover
6. set of blue, red, ect silicon vacuum hoses
7. greddy timing belt (blue)

theres tons of things you can do just read up and stuff man.

just read and make sure to do it right the first time or it will kick your ass later.

supradragontoy

May 1, 2009
Central Point, OR
Sideways_bob;1366419 said:
1. Relocate the fusebox to under the fender
2. Remove the stock airbox and piping and upgrade to a aluminum pipe and open element filter
3. polish valve covers, throttle plates and ect
4. use a set of nice blue, red, ect plug wires
5. clear timing cover
6. set of blue, red, ect silicon vacuum hoses
7. greddy timing belt (blue)

theres tons of things you can do just read up and stuff man.

just read and make sure to do it right the first time or it will kick your ass later.

1. Fusebox is on the Civic core support, pretty well outta the way
2. Definitely. In fact, I made a short sweep pipe powdercoated red. Puts the Airinx filter right at an opening near the inner fender
3. Definitely wanted to go polished, but I also didn't want to dump alot of money into anything till I got it all running. I'ma pick up an extra set and have them polished then swap'em out.
4. Got blue Nology wires comin'
5. I just skipped the timing cover altogether, but I will probably fiberglass my own later
6. Picked up a RRE silicon hose kit http://www.roadraceengineering.com/hoseandclamps.htm
7. Another definite. Haven't decided between Gates, HKS and Greddy. I figure their all great but there are ALOT of reviews on all of 'em, so who knows?
As soon as I get it running I'm gonna tear it all back apart. I still have to get a flywheel, throwout bearing and a few other odds and ends.

I'm particularly interested in the VSV's and dumping those. The vacuum lines look good, but I'd rather not have them and I'm eventually gonna replace all the lines with stainless braided again (did it on my 22re, LOVED IT!).