VIP 89 Cress

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
if it won't turn over with the starter, but will when it's pushed... sounds like not enough power to starter or a tired starter

since it's obvious that it's getting air/fuel/spark

GeneStarWindGSW

Been To The Other Side...
Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
lppro;1070733 said:
you figure it out yet?
nope =[

Poodles;1070742 said:
shouldn't be too hard to trace down...
its a little hard to trace since a lot of the wires are spliced so i don't know what goes where.

lppro;1070775 said:
the way he described it i think its a fuse... but i guess we will see.. i might go down and help him out with it. IF. i have the time. lol

well im going to push start the car and get the alternator tested at advance auto. that will atleast rule out the alternator from being bad, but that still doesn't solve why im not getting power to anything.

Poodles;1070782 said:
if it won't turn over with the starter, but will when it's pushed... sounds like not enough power to starter or a tired starter

since it's obvious that it's getting air/fuel/spark

yea the starter isn't getting power but neither are my pwr windows,sunroof, tach, or anything. i was thinking it was a relay but im clueless.

lppro;1070794 said:
but nothing else works, no gauges, alt, etc.

yea sucks, driving with windows up and no way to vent air. gets madd hot lol.

Zer0DeGreeZ

Feb 11, 2008
N. KY
Nice Cress, been thinking about buying myself self one and doing it daily driver/sleeper but can't find a decent one for sale anywhere around me. Heck i can find more MKIII's, lol.

GeneStarWindGSW

Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
Got Boost?;1071701 said:
Looks nice. A friend of mine has one with a 2JZ-GE that he's been drifting with for a few months now.

this one was built about 3-5 years ago. So this one was probably one of the first 2jz-ge cressidas ;)

When im done it'll be 2jz-ge-t or 2jz-gte. i'lll see what my budget fits better.

Zer0DeGreeZ;1071719 said:
Nice Cress, been thinking about buying myself self one and doing it daily driver/sleeper but can't find a decent one for sale anywhere around me. Heck i can find more MKIII's, lol.

yea cressidas are very rare to find in really good condition. im glad to have gotten this one with many extra mods that it has.

LilMissMkIII;1071746 said:
gorgeous car! I want one as my daily taxi!

i'll give you a ride in it :naughty:

Poodles;1071780 said:
You can't just say that and not tell us WTF it was...

haha, i was waiting for someone to ask me :biglaugh:

I found it to be two fuses that were the culprits. The 100amp fuse (for the alternator i presume) and 40amp fuse

i must have overlooked them :sarcasm:

Clint

AzSupras
Apr 4, 2005
Mesa, Arizona, United States
is it me or does the front end look like a chaser front end?

I knew a guy named Brian in Az who was one of the first to swap a 1jz into a cressida and he also did a chaser front end conversion it was a great sleeper...

GeneStarWindGSW

Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
took the cress drifting last night at skidpad. it did very good, but radiator cracked =[.

so after one session it was done and i blew the alternator fuse twice, so i must have bad grounds.

So after i replace my radiator & get a grounding kit, the cress will be back up & running.

I'll see if i can get some pics of the cress sideways from last night.

GeneStarWindGSW

Mar 25, 2007
No Man's Land
www.bidmingle.com
lppro;1078565 said:
any updates yet? get the new rad. yet?

I bought myself a PWR radiator from 935motorsports. Gotta go with the best stuff :biglaugh:

I also bought a C's shifter for my r154 tranny. So much better :icon_razz
the radiator gets here next monday, but im hoping for it to get here earlier.

I can't WAIT to drive it again :icon_bigg