Vented air intake headlight covers.....

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Ok, Pep Boyz has this "Spectre" piping. They come with different bends and stuff.

For a turbo you'll need 3 60 degree bends, a vacuum port pipe, and vacuum port kit, some hose clamps, couplers, the MAF adapter plate for the non turbo Supra, and a 3" cone if you dont already have one. K&N FIPK will not work.
First 60 degree comes off the turbo, use a coupler to fasten it, then attach the vacuum port pipe for the BOV, and IAC lines. YOu'll have to drill one of the holes on the pipe larger for the larger vacuum port for the BOV. Once you got that in, use the 2nd 60 degree bend to face toward the front of the engine. Using couplers attach the AFM to the end of that pipe.
On the other end of the AFM attach the MAF adapter. YOu'll have to redrill the holes to have them line up correctly (easy) and use the Supras gasket on that plate. Then attach the final 60 degree pipe onto the adapter and have it dip down into the hole behind the headlight. Using dexterity and contortionism reach up the fog light hole and attach that 3" cone to the pipe, POOF! Custom Pep Boyz cold air intake for $40. I think i'm gonna make a thread of this so i can just cut and paste easy reference, is that ok?

Use

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
BlackMKIII said:
I was considering buying some...

Then I left my ricer days behind. :rofl:

Sorry, that's just my two cents.

Damn it... now I feel bad. I'll take 'em off now.

...and put them on the new Supra project :naughty:

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
The back of the headlight is right about where the low pressure area begins. Seems like air wouldn't be flowing through there much anyway, even given the small size of the inlet.

I think they look pretty good on Satan's car, but it looks cheezy on the eBay car. If I had the extra money to buy and paint them (along with my bumper and nose panel) I'd sport them, but I've got other things to pay for right now.

the t3d

P B4 A
Sep 30, 2006
Titusville, FL
Grimsta said:
Ok, Pep Boyz has this "Spectre" piping. They come with different bends and stuff.

For a turbo you'll need 3 60 degree bends, a vacuum port pipe, and vacuum port kit, some hose clamps, couplers, the MAF adapter plate for the non turbo Supra, and a 3" cone if you dont already have one. K&N FIPK will not work.
First 60 degree comes off the turbo, use a coupler to fasten it, then attach the vacuum port pipe for the BOV, and IAC lines. YOu'll have to drill one of the holes on the pipe larger for the larger vacuum port for the BOV. Once you got that in, use the 2nd 60 degree bend to face toward the front of the engine. Using couplers attach the AFM to the end of that pipe.
On the other end of the AFM attach the MAF adapter. YOu'll have to redrill the holes to have them line up correctly (easy) and use the Supras gasket on that plate. Then attach the final 60 degree pipe onto the adapter and have it dip down into the hole behind the headlight. Using dexterity and contortionism reach up the fog light hole and attach that 3" cone to the pipe, POOF! Custom Pep Boyz cold air intake for $40. I think i'm gonna make a thread of this so i can just cut and paste easy reference, is that ok?

Use

i want pics! :icon_bigg

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Hopefully i'll get to post them up tomorrow, i was going to do it today, but i 4got to bring my camera with the pics on to work