Vented air intake headlight covers.....

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
A few have, yes. The passenger side one would be the only real functional one, unless you are accounting for fresh air circulating in the engine bay, but I'm talking about just for intake purposes.

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
I was considering a set of these that recently came up on ebay locally but I decided against them.

Functional or not, they look silly.

Da Bushman

Team Dutti Racing
Jul 26, 2007
Queens, NY
Yeah they don't look that horrible, prolly would never put it on my car though, they look like rain and dirt will get through very easily.

Grimsta

Supramania Contributor
May 30, 2007
Santa Rosa, Ca.
Just make pepboyz CAI that goes down to the fog light hole, lol! It actually works better. That little slit really wont do much

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Skam9685 said:
can you elaborate more on that?

forgive me for the questions. just trying to decide

I can tell you folks right now, these headlights vents are 90% made for looks, not functionality. If you want to get thoroughly technical, I'd be willing to bet it gets a little bit more air into a part of your engine bay, but nothing worth getting excited over.

That said, I've actually got a headlight vent myself on my A70, while also having an uber long turbo inlet pipe that leaves my air filter to rest right behind my corner lamp and bumper.

I got this headlight vent strictly for visual purposes, and I love it.

-Jeff

A-to-the-J

Panda™ and Pre-89 Gracer™
Feb 19, 2006
Anaheim/West Covina, CA
Grimsta said:
Just make pepboyz CAI that goes down to the fog light hole, lol! It actually works better. That little slit really wont do much

you got pics of your setup? i went to pepboys and all they had were crimp bent exhaust pieces...and none of them were 3"

SP Engineering said they could do a custom one for me though...

SupraOfDoom

Starcraft II ^^;;
Mar 30, 2005
Milwaukee, WI
www.cardomain.com
I personally get bugged by the ebay ones.... they just look cheap even painted. Which is why I personally was going to either hold out for someone to sell USED CFX ones, or get the Kaze hl covers for my Regulus car.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
I'm not in love with the way they look, kinda breaks up the lines of the hood (same reason I don't like the hood vent mod).

But if you had to have them, and given that the ebay ones look and I'm sure are cheaply made, why not make a set out of junkyard headlight covers?

Gotta be easy to do if you have any metal skills at all, and they'd be (you guessed it) metal! Probably cost you less than the crappy ones. And if you F them up, big deal, get another set at the junkyard, and try again.

Just a thought

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
Not for functionality... strictly for looks. Even a couple of the MKIV guys complimented 'em, saying that it gives the lines a "meaner" look.

tx2k6.jpg

shine.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
duane made cf covers, one was an air inlet just like boost lee, not sure if he still does this anymore

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I've had my vent (passenger side only) since the last century.

I can see how these "should" be "somewhat" functional but looking at them in actual use there is so little actual air that comes in through that opening and even less of it that would actually make it into your engine compartment that this is 99.9% not a functional vent.

You have to cut your front hood seal and get rid of the plastic trim piece that the seal seals against to see even the 0.1% additional airflow.