V8 swaps

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
MK3.0dudeman said:
please don't put a V8 in that poor supra.I know it makes power but your messing up the balens of the car.If you want a V8 with power like that get a mustang or somthing.I know about 1000 people are gana bash me because now a days it's cool to swap a ls1 in everything.And the time and money you spent makin the V8 work you could have put in swaping a 1J of building up a 7M.If you do want to do V8 do a 1uz keep it in the family.

As far as messing up the balance, an aluminum block LSX motor weighs less than a 7mgte. Remember aside from the light block it has welded exaust manifolds and a comosite intake. A LSX motor is also more compact than a quad overhead cam v8. thats why its such a popular transplant.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Damn, are you kids all so new to this car you don't remember our original motto?

"Technology is the only substitute for cubic inches..."

Yes, you can slap a big honkin' motor in an MA70 chassis, it's got the room.

But it's crude. Making 3.0 liters put out mind boggling horsepower per cubic centimeter is what the soul of the Supra is all about.

If you want to fuck with big V8's, buy Camaro...

tte

Breaking In - in progress
Mar 30, 2005
Northern California
Supracentral said:
Damn, are you kids all so new to this car you don't remember our original motto?

But it's crude. Making 3.0 liters put out mind boggling horsepower per cubic centimeter is what the soul of the Supra is all about.

Fucking Aye SC.

Its more fun to work on the 7m and more of a challenge to make big HP out of our 3.0 liter. And once you do it, you know you have learnt alot about engines.

Cheers,
Roy

SySt

Mar 30, 2005
Burnsville, Minnesota
tte said:
Fucking Aye SC.

Its more fun to work on the 7m and more of a challenge to make big HP out of our 3.0 liter. And once you do it, you know you have learnt alot about engines.

Cheers,
Roy
Ok SC buy an lS1 V8 and drop 5k into it an LS1 V8 and you do not appreciate. Unless you put two huge turbos in the place of my battery and filter. It just does not make little sense. You need to talk more empirically and rationally with me.

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Supracentral said:

Hey SC I bought my first Supra in '88 to replace my '84 T/A , So I'm not really new to this. I remember how solid my 87 t hardtop felt compared to the T/A . On the highway that car felt the same at 65 mph or 145 mph. thats when I fell in love with supras. Even my '98 Z-28 with suspension work and lopro 17's felt skecthy over 125.

My point is that it while I love the feel of Supra I thought it would always be more fun to drive with low end response and instant throttle response.

maybe I'm jaded because around here we don't have the streches of unpatrolled twistys and highway you guys in some of the bigger states enjoy.
So most of our "performance driving" is just stoplight to stoplight and at the drag. Add that where the Camaros is king . EASY to go real fast in a staight line.

The last time i went to the track was in november. My '89t auto ran a best of 16.2 @ 86 mph. I think I was getting lapped. But thats ok It'll get faster, But not with just a intake and exaust.

And don't worry I'm keeping my original 78,000 mile 7MGTE in it .........................................for now.:evil2:

MK3.0dudeman

brian L.
Mar 12, 2007
North Jersey
Supracentral said:

Amen!!couldnt have bin said any better

toyo4life

Supramania Contributor
Oct 8, 2006
Manchester NJ
Doward said:
LSx > * :D

Seriously, I'd love a twin turbo LS7 under the hood of my Supra. JZ what? :evil2:

Exactly. As far as tech vs. size you guys are right . I'd take a turbo'ed 427 SB over a N/A 572 BB anytime.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
The owner does not post here. The idea of a V8 is fine. Which one is dramatically different.

P1030571.JPG

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
i didn't even know that the 1GZ-FE existed!! a v-12? amazing! the idea of 12 cylinders amazes me...i guess its just because i never knew toyota made one. anybody know where i could get a sound clip? i'd like to hear one running.

lifted

Jun 13, 2006
memphis
any know what model vehicles would be good to look at for small block v8`s without ecu control. i am assuming 1980 or earlyer

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
totally agree with SC!!!

i say if you want the V8 just get an LS400 thats what i did. the toyota v12 is too rare to even care about sourcing and a waste of time and money in my opinion. same with the other swaps i see like the corvette v8 in the mkiii... what a waste.... at least from a pro toyota engine standpoint...

i guess im a so called purist... then again im against anything redneck... whats next a jet engine mkiii? what ever happened to that guy that had the mustang taillights on his mkiii? flogged to death? i remember he posted a jet engine go kart... and did jumps on hills with his truck... *laugh*

remember if you want tech info rather than our personal opinions goto the "other engine tech" forum :):)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
tlo86 said:
totally agree with SC!!!

i say if you want the V8 just get an LS400 thats what i did. the toyota v12 is too rare to even care about sourcing and a waste of time and money in my opinion. same with the other swaps i see like the corvette v8 in the mkiii... what a waste.... at least from a pro toyota engine standpoint...

i guess im a so called purist... then again im against anything redneck... whats next a jet engine mkiii? what ever happened to that guy that had the mustang taillights on his mkiii? flogged to death? i remember he posted a jet engine go kart... and did jumps on hills with his truck... *laugh*

remember if you want tech info rather than our personal opinions goto the "other engine tech" forum :):)

Noxide? He left the forums from too many people bashing him.

But swapping in a Small block V8 is quite different from bondoing in mustang taillights. And hardly "redneck" IMO.

Personally I'd pick a car with a crappy engine to start to put a V8 into, Why pull out a 7M or JZ when they're highly capable, and more fun:naughty: