US: CNN vs. real news

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
CNN.com is displayed at the top of the page, and under it, you get a choice of seeing the frontpage from one of the following global news sites: ABC (Australia), Al-Jazeera (Qatar), BBC (UK), China Daily (China), Deutsche Welle (Germany), EuroNews (Europe), France 24 (France), or Reuters (UK). Both halves are shown live, and switching between sites is as simple a selecting the one you want from a drop down menu.

http://wtfcnn.com/

I think it says it all.

Read more: http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/28/wtf-cnn/#ixzz0mVpYDe3A

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
People don't go out and buy shit when bombs are blowing up around the world. That's bad for the American way MMMKKKAAY. Do the country a favour and go down to Walmart and buy more cheap chinese made crap you don't need, or scoot over to Mickey-D's for a BigMac made from filler and a tiny bit of beef that was soaked in ammonia so you don't get sick from eating it. The chicken? Don't ask where it came from, just eat it like Uncle Sam wants you to.

I'm gonna go check out CNN and get my daily dose of spoon fed consumerism, so that I too can support my globalized billionaire CEOs and malnorished child slave labour, all in one trip to the store.

You should really stop thinking for yourself, it sets a bad example for others to follow. Soon enough, there'll be riots in the street when people realize there's no space fairy, and that the government doesn't JUST want their money... it wants their soul too. Do you really want that?

Of course we do.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Keros;1559797 said:
People don't go out and buy shit when bombs are blowing up around the world. That's bad for the American way MMMKKKAAY. Do the country a favour and go down to Walmart and buy more cheap chinese made crap you don't need, or scoot over to Mickey-D's for a BigMac made from filler and a tiny bit of beef that was soaked in ammonia so you don't get sick from eating it. The chicken? Don't ask where it came from, just eat it like Uncle Sam wants you to.

I'm gonna go check out CNN and get my daily dose of spoon fed consumerism, so that I too can support my globalized billionaire CEOs and malnorished child slave labour, all in one trip to the store.

You should really stop thinking for yourself, it sets a bad example for others to follow. Soon enough, there'll be riots in the street when people realize there's no space fairy, and that the government doesn't JUST want their money... it wants their soul too. Do you really want that?

Of course we do.

So much wrong with your premise I dunno where to start...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
Poodles;1559869 said:
So much wrong with your premise I dunno where to start...

There's so much wrong with the 180 degree blind spot you have for sarcasm, I don't know where to start... :p

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Nah, I get his sarcasm, but it's wrong... There is nothing wrong with capitalism and "slave labor" that he refures to doesn't exist.

Or maybe I'm just getting old...

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
I could write ten thousand words about billionare CEOs, the slave labour that made them rich, and made the average american poorer and/or unemployed. There's a difference between capitalism and utter greed. I feel that many people have lost sight of that fundamental difference.