Unknown sound

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
Lately when I let my clutch out from a dead stop I hear a loud noise. Its kinda hard to explain but its almost like metal grinding metal. I have a stage 2 ACT clutch and Fidanza flywheel. Is the clutch going out? Ive noticed that it only does it in first at a dead stop and doesnt do it all the time. The clutch holds fine in all gears and I notice nothing else wrong expect from a stop.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
starscream5000 said:
TO bearing? Pilot Bearing?

That'd be my vote. Otherwise the noise would more likely be constant.

Although, I've seen a badly warped flywheel making uneven contact with the clutch plate make noise. Usually acompanied by shudder upon engagement.

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
Its really weird though, it doesnt make the noise till I drive it for a while. The first couple of stops are fine, no noise at all. Then after I drive it a while it starts doing it almost everytime.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Sexual Toast said:
Its really weird though, it doesnt make the noise till I drive it for a while. The first couple of stops are fine, no noise at all. Then after I drive it a while it starts doing it almost everytime.

Yeah cause once the bearing heats up and starts squeeling it's not gonna stop until it (and it will) siezes.

Sexual Toast

May 30, 2007
Tulsa
How hard/costly are they to replace?
Perfect timing :3d_frown: My 01 auto civic just blew its second transmission and now this.

Entropy

No Supra... For now ;)
Apr 10, 2007
Lacey, WA
Hmm, so thats what that is, lol. Mine has done that for like 15,000 miles now.... but it needs a clutch anyway.