turbo ugrade, how big is to big?

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
ok I need a new turbo, the supra I bought (89t) had hks dragger exhaust, sscrap t4 manifold but has be re weilded for strenght, actual hks 50mm wastegate and 3" vband adaptor but the kid i bought it from said the turbo was bad and sent it away becasue he thought he could get warenty work, any who he couldn't and it has been over a week and still no turbo so basicly I need a new one. aI will be runing around 9psi boost to start untill I get some fuel manegment. looking to run around 22psi but I don;t know what size turbo to get I want somthing with a vband and somthing that will hold when I upgrade the motor and run more boost
I was thinking a 60-1 but I have herd that it has alot of lag esspecialy since it will be a litle wile till ill be hitting big boost, so my question is what size should I get all I really want is somthing that iwll accept a vband and can flow alot of cfm any one running 60-1's what do you thing because that is what I woyuld like to run.
Thanks

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
i heard that 60-1 is too big for the ct-26 and that they become unreliable. i had mine upgraded to 50-1 and i like it. its only 40% more air flow, but it should last a long time..

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
ohh , my best guess i would think youd be fine, but i have no experience with them.. someone here can answer your question better im sure.. sorry..