tuning

mkiii88supra

Jan 15, 2006
PA
just wondering what you guys think about whether or not i should get my car towed to get tuned right away or if i can break my motor in first. i have 550's a 255 pump, a lexus AFM, a front mount w/ hard pipes, full 3in turbo back exhaust a slightly built motor, and so on.

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
from what i understand (and i could be a lil wrong here) with the 550's and lex afm, you dont need to have it tuned. you can alter the idle a lil with the screw trick and the afm body. but like figgie said, its not worth trying to tune without a piggyback or some sort of fuel controler. theres nothing to tune on a stock ecu.

again, i could be wrong.

chandley

mkIII owner
Apr 27, 2006
SoCal
like boost fiend said, with those mods you shouldn't HAVE to tune it, unless you turn up the boost with your ebc. If you turn the ebc to stock boost, you should be able to drive it to where ever you're having it tuned on the stock ecu's fuel maps.

but I may be wrong...

boost fiend

Banned
Jul 24, 2005
Rockford, Il
i used to have a hks evc IV and stock turbo and fuel pump. at 123 pounds of boost i had no issues. also i was running stock injectors and fuel pump. now im without a bc and a now have a walbro 255. still within limit without burning up my engine(so far). the MK III ecu is set to run on the rich side, so that should save you a lil bit.

with the lex afm, your pumping in 25% more fuel, and the 550"s pump 25% more fuel. so it all matches up in the long run. that combo also moves fco a lil bit. how far, im not too sure. varies by engine. you should be able to hit more than 14 pounds of boost. how much more, im not sure. you SHOULD be safe.

as far as a fuel controler, i dont know yet. im still in the process of getting one. i would think that you would not need to have it tuned yet.

do you have a wide band? check its readings. adjust a lil from there.