Triple Turbo

buckshotglass

I love all your sounds.
TakeakiTheDeity said:
sm_photo_missing.jpg

That is my car after I took off the #4 turbo, pre paint. Four is too many, it looks cluttered. ;)

KeithH

Mar 31, 2005
Portland, OR
There was an actual Tri-Turbo Supra - not sure where it is now. Came out of Arizona - was a MkIV. I've seen it in Vegas a few times.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Money not considered, extra weight is what would keep me from wanting a setup like that. I much prefer the simplicity and lighter weight of a single turbo. Also, there are certainly single setups that have very little lag even at 600 hp.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
no joe...

a given is lag sucks..

would you prefer a twin turbo 1jz that spools quicker or a single turbo 7m that has lots of lag, but makes big power?

i think we all know what your answer will be..

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
RazoE said:
no joe...

a given is lag sucks..

would you prefer a twin turbo 1jz that spools quicker or a single turbo 7m that has lots of lag, but makes big power?

i think we all know what your answer will be..

If you make big power with a big turbo/turbos, you're going to have an increased amount of lag, period. You never get something for nothing.

I'm not going to answer that question because it doesn't really have anything to do with what we're talking about. You already know which option I'm going to choose because you know my preference on Supra engines. So it's not really helping your arguement any by asking that... A better question might be would I rather have stock twin super fast spooling 1J or single turbo 1J with maybe 500-700hp. and my answer to that would be single turbo hands down. stock twins get boring after a while. and single turbo is not automatically linked with 'lot's of lag.' a 500-600hp turbo doesn't have 'lot's of lag.' If you want a lot of lag, think GT47.

again, what do you describe "lot's of lag" as?