Transformers: RoTF (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
Sort of disappointed. Best way for me to sum it up is this: Bot Overkill.

The Autobots, save for Prime and Bumblebee, are hardly heard from. Those twins were horrible... an advance alien lifeform and it chooses to be a ghetto-speaking big eared, gold tooth, stereotypical robot :3d_frown: Retarded. Next time leave the ghetto robots on the cutting room floor, cast Bubb Rubb instead.

Where the hell and who is Jolt... you barely see him in one scene, then not until the end. Ratchet and Ironhide were almost non-existent, hardly any lines. Same with Sideswipe.

Agree with Poodles on the Constructicons... I was like "there's Devastator, why are the Constructions also in the other battle?" :aigo:

Lots of Bots, no personality. All those no-name Decepticons in the last battle were unnecessary. Megatron, Starscream, the individual Constructions (that should've combined into Devastator, not the random construction vehicles), Scoponok, definitely more than enough.

Seeing Megatron too subservient to the Fallen was so out of character, although I did like the bickering between Megatron and Starscream, as well as the introduction of Soundwave.

Maybe I need to watch the first film again, but what happened to Barricade?

Last edited:

tomquacky

Supramania Contributor
Feb 27, 2009
west haven, ct
movie was good seen it 2 times all ready nut many things were not done 100% right but it was ok. i love wheelie the most alot of his one liners was great

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
SuprA70;1363074 said:

Those twins were horrible... an advance alien lifeform and it chooses to be a ghetto-speaking big eared, gold tooth, stereotypical robot :3d_frown: Retarded. Next time leave the ghetto robots on the cutting room floor, cast Bubb Rubb instead.

I would have thought this as well, but if you ever saw Blurr or even Wreck-Gar on the junk planet in the animated movie, you may think differently. There are some stupid robot examples in the series.

SuprA70;1363074 said:
Seeing Megatron too subservient to the Fallen was so out of character, although I did like the bickering between Megatron and Starscream, as well as the introduction of Soundwave.
Again, in the animated movie you will see Megatron/Galvatron as a subservient to Unicron. He may be evil and powerful, but he isn't stupid, and he knows when he is outmatched.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Yes, as The Fallen is one of the original Primes...

Yeah, the "racist" comments are funny, but I think it would only be racist if they turned into an Escalade :rofl:

Oh, and if anyone remembers the Pretenders, what was the chick that tries to kill Sam. Lots and lots of referances to a lot of stuff that only fans would get.

Though I agree on the bot overload, the series was the same way...

SuprA70

SF.com 'Grounded' Champ
drunk_medic;1363113 said:
I would have thought this as well, but if you ever saw Blurr or even Wreck-Gar on the junk planet in the animated movie, you may think differently. There are some stupid robot examples in the series.

Again, in the animated movie you will see Megatron/Galvatron as a subservient to Unicron. He may be evil and powerful, but he isn't stupid, and he knows when he is outmatched.

Eccentric yes, but they didn't play on any stereotypes to get cheap laughs. As for Wreck-Gar, TV speak was cool :icon_bigg. For Blurr, hey the MicroMachines guy was big in the 80's. It just seemed how the twins ended up being portrayed was as harmless as say, Rattrap's NY accent.

Of course, but he didn't do so in a bend over sort of way, he was plotting behind Unicron's back. To me it just seemed Megs was only too happy to call someone else 'Master' in ROTF.

I still liked the movie. But it was just OK when compared to the first one.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
SuprA70;1363074 said:

The Autobots, save for Prime and Bumblebee, are hardly heard from. Those twins were horrible... an advance alien lifeform and it chooses to be a ghetto-speaking big eared, gold tooth, stereotypical robot :3d_frown: Retarded. Next time leave the ghetto robots on the cutting room floor, cast Bubb Rubb instead.

Where the hell and who is Jolt... you barely see him in one scene, then not until the end. Ratchet and Ironhide were almost non-existent, hardly any lines. Same with Sideswipe.

Agree with Poodles on the Constructicons... I was like "there's Devastator, why are the Constructions also in the other battle?" :aigo:

Lots of Bots, no personality. All those no-name Decepticons in the last battle were unnecessary. Megatron, Starscream, the individual Constructions (that should've combined into Devastator, not the random construction vehicles), Scoponok, definitely more than enough.

Maybe I need to watch the first film again, but what happened to Barricade?

gtfo mike!