Transformers: RoTF (CONTAINS SPOILERS!)

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
I just got back from a late showing and thought it was great. Of course, as far as Transformers "lore" goes, they brought out some old names and gave nods to the old-school, while keeping everything modern. I don't want to post too much, because I do not want to spoil it for anyone. If you liked the first movie, or even the old animated series and the animated movie, go see this now.

***********TREAD CAREFULLY - SOME PEOPLE POSTING SPOILERS BELOW!!!*************

_

Last edited:

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
Caught the midnight showing last night, fuckin loved it! I can't believe it was only rated pg 13 b/c of the profanity, my brother went today and said there was a bunch of parents that brought their kids there and were freakin out over how many swears were in the movie. I'm not complaining tho, i thought the swears made it funnier and more realistic. I got giant robots tryin to kill me im gonna be swearin like a drunk trucker

DsBetterHalf

The Pretty Doward
Jan 25, 2008
Alachua, FL
Just got back from seeing it tonight....LOVED IT!!

The first one was great, the second was better.

My only beef - Robot Heaven? WTF??

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
Bad-FUCKIN ASS!!!

Only complaint...i COMPLETELY CALLED that they were gonna bring him back to life (right after he was gone)...too predictable lol

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
Well at least Michael Bay did not screw the names up this time and named Devastator... Devastator.

Ahh the memories of the Constructicons. That combining scene was impressive.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
figgie;1351896 said:
Well at least Michael Bay did not screw the names up this time and named Devastator... Devastator.

Ahh the memories of the Constructicons. That combining scene was impressive.

*** Another Spoiler Alert ***

_

_

_

Now that it's well below the cut and spoiler warning, I will say this:

I think they did an impressive job with keeping names and functions as close as possible.
Constructicons did form to make Devastator, and they did a good job with him.
I knew they couldn't make Soundwave into a "Ghetto Blaster", as it would be completely outdated. He had to be something big, had to deploy other smaller transformers. As I recall from the cartoon, Soundwave was actually taller/bigger than Megatron, and would sometimes fire Megatron when he transformed into a gun.

Ravage they did an EXCELLENT job on. He and Laserbeak were always excellent infiltration and recon, and a big pain in the ass for the Autobots.

My favorite nod was to Jetfire. He was always my favorite. As soon as I saw the Decepticon symbol in his scene with a futuristic aircraft, I knew it was him; they couldn't possibly use a "Valkyrie" [Macross] style craft for him, but the adaptation was sweet.

I'm wondering if they are going to do two or more of these movies, leading up to a remake of the animated movie..
The Sweeps, Cyclonus, Galvatron, Unicron, Ultra-Magnus, Hot Rod [Rodimus Prime] and all of that.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yes, I was completely surprised to see JetFire, and I fucking LOVED it!!

I really enjoyed the comedy from the twins. Fuck, I need to go see this again! ;)

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
I liked jetfire also, had me laughing though as they aged him which i thought the tranformers did not do. Loved the cane!! lol

Though did devastator get killed or just de-combined?

mattman

Oct 8, 2007
Michigan
good. More action than the first but less plot. oh well you cant win em all. but sure was pretty darn close. also some parts seemed faker than las, like more animated.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
Went and saw it last night and it was pretty good. Alot more comedy in this one.
Plus Megan Fox is way HOT:love:

Doward;1352268 said:
I really enjoyed the comedy from the twins. Fuck, I need to go see this again! ;)
+2

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
If you've been a fan of ALL the Transformers series, you'll get a lot more of what's going on.

Language of the Primes, Matrix of Leadership, Energon, the Seekers, Wheelie (omg he was a pain in the ass just like the original), combining, triple changers, ect...

The only thing that bugs me is the Constructicons where more drones than real chracters(there were the ones that made devastator and then other ones that were fighting in robot mode), as well as Arcee being more like drones and not characters.

Dunno how anyone can say their was less of a story line in this one as it had MANY more referances to the series than the first one (half of the first one was mostly Bumblebee giving Sam hell, not that I'm complaining because it's easily some of the best comic genius I've ever seen).

Definately can't wait for the next one and only with they were longer or they could make this kind of quality into a weekly show...