topline engine kit?

supratj

god tina, eat some ham...
Nov 4, 2005
lees summit, mo
i just got the ring kit from them, i like it alot, it was my first rebiuld, and everything mechanically sounds great, i just gotta figure out some electrical stuff, but yeah topline is good, not sure about there pistons, but the ring kit is very good

monkihead

driven to thrill
Jul 23, 2005
texas
i'm about to order my engine kit from them, but i'm deleting the pistons(going wiseco). i've used their bearings and rings for hyundais and mazdas, engines are still running. yes, even the hyundai...

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I used the "re-ring" kit from rpmperformance and it worked out fine for me - 7000+ miles on rebuild and still running strong. I didn't use the headgasket since I went HKS metal.

Racefiend

OH, YEAAHH!
Apr 6, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I havent had any expreience with their bottom end kits, but I did buy a rebuilt head as a core for a head build. It was total crap. After I sent it to DPR for work, they had to replace 5 valves. 1 was trash and the other 4 were under spec for stem length/valve margin. Not to mention the head surface was marred a bit. Some of the springs were pretty worn too. This was after I called them before purchasing it to ask if all of the components were new, which they told me they were. Needless to say, I got most of my money back for them to buy me new components to replace the crap they sent me. I will never do business with them again.

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
so with your experience just use them for there cheap engine kit and have someone else do the work. The engine kit I am refereing to comes with eagle rods, wiseco pistons, main bearing and rod bearing by Toga, ARP hardware , Cosmetic gasket and some other main brand stuff for $999.