Today sucked

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
Jeff came over and listened to it and he said its too quite neutral and it just sounds like a noisey head but when you drive it, it sounds more like rod knock.
So I am not completely sure what to do. I think im just gonna look for a donar motor and then rebuild mine the way I want to.

Chris R

Jun 13, 2008
Cedar Vale, Kan.
jetjock;1075938 said:
Seals doesn't make any more sense than gaskets. Stop being "weary" and add it...

Maybe it's one of those automotive myths then. I don't know.

-edit- I don't want to throw the thread off topic anymore, so I'll just let this continue. Good luck finding a donor motor.

plaaya69

87T Supra
Nov 18, 2006
Lake County, IL
90T04;1076276 said:
Check the crankshaft dampener. I had one sound just like RK when it was wobbling and about to fall off. Seems to be a common problem around here.

Im in the process of fixing that same problem right now. On mine it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the top of the cylinderhead.

Sean, do you hear the noise when the car is at idle? Have you tried to remove the sparkplug wires from one cylinder to another?

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
plaaya69;1076407 said:
Im in the process of fixing that same problem right now. On mine it sounded like it was coming from the middle of the top of the cylinderhead.

Sean, do you hear the noise when the car is at idle? Have you tried to remove the sparkplug wires from one cylinder to another?

No the noise isnt there at idle. What would the spark plugs do?
just curious?

Facime

Leather work expert
Jun 1, 2006
Corvallis OR
by pulling the spark plug wires one at a time, sometimes you can isolate which rod is knocking (this doesnt work if you have a bad main bearing) because you remove the pressure of combustion.

sean210

Father to Be
Nov 26, 2007
indianapolis
DegreE;1076767 said:
It started knocking becasue you went to Memphis, TN. It sucks here. lol

GL with everything.

No I didnt drive it to memphis. I road with a co worker.
Beal street didnt suck!

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Pull the wire, if it stops you found it if it doesn't plug that wire back in and pull the next one. It should either grow much fainter or stop completely if you pull the right one out (assuming it isn't a main as Pete said).