time for another good idea vs. bad idea...

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
alright... i think i am going to go buy it on Monday...

but...

is there anyone with pretty good bhg rebuild experience that i could somehow wrangle into helping me do this? I've never done it before, and i want to do it myself so i can get some experience...

i live in modesto, ca....

someone lemme know.. it'd be fabulous...

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
There is so much information and quite a few very helpful people on this site that will get you where you need to be with a 7M. I came to this site not even knowing what a MOD was. The most modding I knew anything about was swapping a 4-barrel and manifold onto a 289, and swapping the valve covers when I got here. Now, other than engine internals (which I'd still let a machine shop do) there is not much I haven't done with this motor. If you search a bit before asking questions, and ask your questions with some intelligence (doesn't take much), you will get good answers on this board.

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
thanks a lot!!

this is by far the only reason i still keep teh enterwebz out my houze lol.

this supra community makes me happy, and still leaves me with a little bit of faith in the human race at the end of the day ^_^

91blackeye

The Unrequited Song
Jan 18, 2009
Modesto, Ca
www.facebook.com
PPPPIIIICCCCTTTUUURRREEEEESSSSSSS!~!!!!!!!

ALRIGHT, there were some blemishes i didn't see in the dark last night, but still... the car i think is really really frigging clean... however, the valve covers were off, and i could see the cams...they look great...but the head was still on the block, so i couldnt check the block to see if it could even possibly need to be resurfaced...i dunno why, but i am just so very afraid of that...

anywhoo..here are some pix... tell me how retarded i am for not owning it already:

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

so..here is the thing..like i said above, i couldnt check the block..and..he kinda is missing keys and he only has the bill of sale from when he bought it..

but also, as you can see, the car is in great shape..it has 3"turbo back exhaust from megan racing, an upgraded ct trim turbo, and k&n intake filter...

but... it's an mkiii. let the low balling begin? lol.

Last edited:

Enraged

A HG job took HOW long??
Mar 30, 2005
Victoria, BC, Canada
for 1k, id buy it, but there is never anything like that around here. motors are cheap. if you can't handle it, there may be shops around that can either fix the BHG or just swap in a new motor.