Thrust Washer for R154

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Im not talking about lubrication though?
Im thinking were are talking about 2 different things here. Im talking about mircopolishing or "REM" treatment to take all the stress out of it which would help with impacts. But if its a matter of age buy a new and then do the treatment on it.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
ok I just figured that most steels all have quite a bit of stress after being manufactured. But the manufactures dont want to have to spend all that extra money to get the treatment to lower the stress levels. But having no grain structure with no stress then it really be an issue then.

Syris

Need Rust Repair
Aug 24, 2005
Bryan, OH /Lima, OH
Yea I read your earlier post about it, but it just seemed like that process would in fact put quite a bit of stress into it is why I brought up the micropolishing thought.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
It's an ugly/cheap/fast way to make parts and this is why I think a piece of good setter ie: EN26 would work very well for this part and why I'd suggest Ti Niteride coating for wear resistance while keeping the core soft enough to not break.

Side story: Many years ago I have a 350 4stroke dirt bike with a 410cc big bore kit that made it 12:1 compression, this was way before decompressors so to start it you prayed that it wouldn't kick back and try to break your leg.

If you got it wrong now and again it would shatter the internal gear for the Kickstarter and had a habit of eating 1st 2nd and 3rd gears with the same sort of failure.

This meant splitting the cases and rebuilding a total PITA, after trying EVERYTHING we could think of I met an old guy at a heat treating place and he suggested annealing the gears I was dubious about this but figured everything else had failed.......

It worked and I imagine in time they would have worn out but never broke another gear in the time I owned it (if the were Ti coated they would have lasted longer as well)

Dec 3, 2003
Canada
Element256 said:
There is .02 HP FREE for everyone! Get it now as Nate has it! EX: 242.98 and he now has 243

I know its a joke but thought Nate hit 842.98 on the juice.
Sorry just thought you made a typo.

So it was LOL..Thanks :biglaugh:

Duane