this supra in a shop

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
theres this 89 turbo thats been sitting in the shop for about 4 weeks now. its starting to piss me off. would it be a good idea to go up and ask them whats wrong with it? i meet the kid once still in high school didnt know anything about his car it was his dads. really nice car. its the only other supra in town kinda give me a bad name with all the ricers in town. any ideas how to fix this problem? i just dont like the fact its been sitting there so long.

ATS_Scott

Feb 16, 2006
Corinth, TX
dirtlord420 said:
theres this 89 turbo thats been sitting in the shop for about 4 weeks now. its starting to piss me off. would it be a good idea to go up and ask them whats wrong with it? i meet the kid once still in high school didnt know anything about his car it was his dads. really nice car. its the only other supra in town kinda give me a bad name with all the ricers in town. any ideas how to fix this problem? i just dont like the fact its been sitting there so long.

If it's anything like our shop the car is either waiting for parts, waiting for the mechanic to find time to work on it, or it's complete and waiting for the owner to pay for the work.

N

NDBoost

ATS_Scott said:
If it's anything like our shop the car is either waiting for parts, waiting for the mechanic to find time to work on it, or it's complete and waiting for the owner to pay for the work.
or waiting for some lucky supra enthusiast to buy it and settle the debt on the work being done to the car :naughty: go ask em whats wrong with it and if they want to sell it!

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Can't hurt to go ask. A local shop here has one as well, and the reason it's there is because it's abandoned... the owner didn't want to pay for repairs, so he signed some transfer papers and just walked away from it.

The shop is trying to sell it to cover the cost of the parts / labor that they are already into it for.

tubbie

Yes, powerful Jedi....
Apr 4, 2005
Hoschton, GA
A friend of mine has a supra in his shop for over a year now. Guy brought it in, wanted 600hp, put $1000 down and left. Never called or came back to get it.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
tubbie said:
A friend of mine has a supra in his shop for over a year now. Guy brought it in, wanted 600hp, put $1000 down and left. Never called or came back to get it.
Here, there is a rule where you can charge storage fees for anything past a month... then when those build up enough, you can file against the car for the storage, and get the car title changed into your name.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
It might be my supra. O.K. back up. It could be my WIFES supra. We've had it in the shop for almost three months now. It was suppose to be a two week job. I was wondering what shop you seen it at? Just curious.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
its a red 89 taga fully loaded turbo. thats a long time to wait on parts i think that was his dd. am going to go ask about it today. maybe buy it if the price is right. the kid doesnt know anything about it and doesnt like it. i meet him one time and asked him to pop his hood and i think i freaked him out lol. he said his dad gave it to him maybe a one owner witch would be cool.

dirtlord420

just here
Aug 1, 2005
tn
it has a bhg. at stock boost. they are charging them 700 to do that lol. they are putting a cheap one back on it too with the same head bolts. i dont think they will come off of it. and for the price i can get a rebuilt put in my black 88 taga.

chedderknight

PiYauD-BaKa
Apr 4, 2005
Glendale, CA
www.myspace.com
my school shop had a 88 turbo hardtop, some kid bought it for cheap and wanted to do these *crazy* mods himself, ended up busting a couple of bolts and didnt put the head back together, so gave it to the school for free, sat there for about a year, last i seen it, someone else bought it for 100, and is now running...thats a happy ending for me ^_^