This is an odd one.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
:nono: Try listening to us. Read that link that I posted, because judging by your last statement, you haven't.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Poodles;1086176 said:
won't be enough

Bullshit, it absolutely is enough for what he's running, but it's not doing anything with it set at 0 as he mentioned earlier. He said he was running stock boost, so I have NFI why he has the Lex or the Walbro in the car at all... If you aren't boosting more now you should have just waited for the 550s and installed them all at once, as you don't seem to be capable of understanding that adding a lot more air and adding 0 fuel makes a lean mixture.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
you really need an AFPR if using the stock injectors... the SAFC will be working overtime trying to compensate for the huge difference, and you have no idea what it's doing to the timing...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
No, you really don't... At least, he really doesn't. YMMV, but for what he's doing there's no reason for it. He doesn't even need the Lex. If he was running any real amount of boost I'd agree 100%, but seeing as he's only running 7PSI there's no point in bothering. Pull the Lexus off, let your ECU add the teensy bit more fuel you're using at that level by itself and grab an AFPR and some 550s so you're ready when you get the go-fast itch again.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
Mixpro;1084057 said:
***UPDATE***

I just did the 12v Pump mod for my Walbro pump and the over heating is gone. The lag is gone and its got shit loads of power again @ stock boost. It was running lean... I mean real lean...

Well shit!!!

"Replace the electric fans with the stocker...blah blah blah, electric fans bad...blah blah blah..."

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Oh come on, how many people do you know that run DECENT electric fans?

Most just stick a fan to the radiator without a shroud...

Anyways, yes, he needs to get rid of the Lexus AFM NOW before he melts something...

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
While we're on the subject, what kind of flow numbers does the stock fan push? No fan shroud here, may switch over to e-fans if I can get ones that are actually an upgrade for a reasonable price, otherwise I'll just get a shroud.

Mixpro

Jun 16, 2008
Houston
Damn! You all some mean mofo's!!!

LOL

I am running stock boost until all the head work is broken in. Then I will turn up the boost. I was told 500 miles to be safe. I am running a Mishimoto fan and it moves a ton for air.

I ordered some Nippon Denso 550 today, Part number 195500-1370. Yes they are the low impedance ones.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Poodles;1087956 said:
have no idea...

but a brand new shroud from the dealer would be cheaper than an e-fan setup...

I'm sure it would, but if it flows (complete BS numbers, I've done no research into this and wont pretend I have) 2500 CFM, and I can buy two fans that flow 2800 each, why not?

Selz202

More than Regular Member
May 1, 2005
Black Diamond Wa
Quin;1088032 said:
I'm sure it would, but if it flows (complete BS numbers, I've done no research into this and wont pretend I have) 2500 CFM, and I can buy two fans that flow 2800 each, why not?

Ive read somewhere that the stock fan flows ~4500cfms. Can't find the source to back it up, but seriously look at any of the efans and look at the stock one. You can tell that a giant mechanical fan is going to be more badass than 2 small electric ones.

Electrics are great if you want to "tune" them to your preferences, but for the start it and drive it owners they're better off with the stocker.

Tim

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Selz202;1088040 said:
Ive read somewhere that the stock fan flows ~4500cfms. Can't find the source to back it up, but seriously look at any of the efans and look at the stock one. You can tell that a giant mechanical fan is going to be more badass than 2 small electric ones.

Electrics are great if you want to "tune" them to your preferences, but for the start it and drive it owners they're better off with the stocker.

Tim

Seriously lol'd at that. 4500, Jesus Christ, fan shroud it is! :rofl:

supra153624

Mar 12, 2008
bishopville, south carolina
i had the same over heating problem for the longest time, i had put on an after market water cooler and mounted it to the back of the radiator and it still over heated till i put a 12" electick fan on it and it hasnt over heated yet