thermostat cable: where does it go?

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
hi i have just about completed a 7mgte replacement for my 92 and i cant find where one last plug goes, im pretty sure its the thermostat because thats my only non workng gauge. i have a picture hopefully someone will recognize.

also i have this one hose that comes from the bottom of the rubber part of a stock intake this has a picture also but its funny that i cant find where this goes because it is so short of a hose.

please let me know what you know if you know where hose and plug go. thanks

Attachments

• thermostat plug &other hose 001.jpg
    thermostat plug &other hose 001.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 67
  • thermostat plug &other hose 005.jpg
    thermostat plug &other hose 005.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 56

87nasupra

Scotty's Garage
Mar 2, 2006
Jacksonville, FLORIDA !
The hose at the bottom of your intake should go to a vacuum inlet on your PS pump ( behind the bracket ). The other looks like a Cold start injector plug??.....Is anything missing off of your thermostat housing ? Is it a JDM engine?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
That plug isn't the O2 sensor unless it's a single wire (and you are running a non-turbo wiring harness) or three wire (and you're running a turbo wiring harness). Unless someone has spliced in a different plug... Actually, I'm pretty sure I can see the O2 plug already connected in the top right of that photo, right next to the CPS plug.

If I had to guess, I'd go the same route as 87na, and say that's a cold start injector plug. The wires too it look too long, mind you - I'll attach a photo of where the CSI plugs in.

Attachments

• CSI.jpg
    CSI.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 42

supramaze

wizard
Sep 29, 2006
Sweden
follow the wires, 91-92's has a oil-level switch at the bottom side of the oil pan. it can be that one your holding up

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
wow looks like I'm in the same boat as speedfreak giving the fact I putting in a rebuilt as well. but I think all the wires have a certain length to them which helps determine where they go. I mean I figured out almost all the harness by following the shape and length.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
Hmmm.....

This look like the same plug?

sm_photo_missing.jpg

3-4 wires, I don't really remember.

The speed sensitive w/e thing on the steering rack?

Just throwing it out there.

speedfreak

SCruzer
May 16, 2006
santa cruz, ca.
yah all pretty useful but the wire is one of two coming from the very end of the wiring harness it is two wires to one plug yellow w/black and a lighter yellow i have all connections made to the ps pump except the idle up hose thanks alot all! and ive tried pluging it into the o2 sensor since it has a similar heat sheilding housing but it wont fit ill take some more pix but thanks alot to everyone helping ill figure it out soon

againstdawall06

Dec 8, 2005
mo
supramaze said:
follow the wires, 91-92's has a oil-level switch at the bottom side of the oil pan. it can be that one your holding up

i bet this is it. i dont recognize that plug at all, i didnt have any plug like that on the exhaust side. i have an 87 though.