Their must be an award for this!!

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
ok I must be the biggest dumbass in the world but I will share, ok I thought my turbo went bad, mad horible noises and wouldn't boost past 5 psi-kept cuting in and out and then spiking to 12 and hitting fuel cut and it had a little shaft play so I orderd a new turbo, slightly smaller(the other one spooled like poopie) so the new turbo came in, I bolted it up, made damn sure I primed it right, drove 100 miles without going over 3 or so psi(just let off the gas befor then) making sure I din't mess up this one, so I was ready to get on it some, sure enough 5-7 psi came in and their was death again, same horible noise and cutting in and out, I couldn't belive it could this turbo have gon bad to? couldn't have I made sure I broke it in right, will I was nedless to say pissed, I took it bake to my shop, and somthing dawned on me, I tightend the top of the blow off valve all the way, it was about o3 turns soft, so I had it on its hardes setting, sure enough I found hte problem, doesn't cut in and out any more, I can just hear the BOV sliping open afte 6 psi so it runs smoother now you can just start to hear it slip open, so in the short of things I greplaced my new turbo with another new turbo becasue of a cheap BOV that came on the car, but no wories I like the new turbo better any way, spools alot faster, and now I know the other one is still good becasue when I took it if really didn't seem to have that much shaft play.....so any who thier must be an award out their for somthing this tupid.

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
:yelrotflm Haha thats great. I would have been pissed, at least you have a good humor about getting tricked by your car. When I was younger my mom called me once cuz she couldnt get her car to start, so i went out to the car, and the key just wouldnt turn. I couldnt figure out what the hell it was for 5 minutes...then as im getting out i push off the steering wheel and i hear a click (Doh the wheel was locked) so i steered it the other direction about 3 degrees and the key turned without a problem :eek:wned: I think I told her she was using the wrong key or something to save my ego haha.

socc924

Mar 31, 2005
CT and Philly
If there were me, Guard-TL- and BuiltMkiii might take it from you. Damn fork made us look pretty silly, lol. Sorry to hear about ur frustrations though. Ive seen how much it sucks buying a car that wasnt put together the best. What kinds of turbos did you put on and take off?

BoostFreak

Nov 11, 2005
Ohio
hteir were both xs power specials (hint why I htought it went bad lol) the old one was their t70 turbo and the new one is a t04 o trim but specs look more like a p trim with a 70 a/r exhaust and 50 a/r intake, yeah it spools alot faster, and now I have a bigger turbo for when this one doesn;t psuh any more lol but yah what can ya do other than laugh at somthing like this lol

Suprastic

Apr 8, 2005
Manitoba
:drink1: cheers. Here is your award :biggrinki LOL

Ha, that very funny to to hear. I think most of us can relate to a similar situation in one way or another.