the newb question

ujawa69

Oct 23, 2008
Oklahoma City
ok guys, back for more questions. anyone know bout the quality of felpro gaskets?? im getting a full gasket set and putting a new or used oil pump(anyone got one they dont need????) in and hopefully reusing the crank after i have my machinist look at it. after of course removing the block. lol. still in need of a cherry picker, but its coming this weekend. along with the gaskets and getting the crank checked out hopefully. but advice or input on a gasket set other than the dealership( like 600 fuckin dollars!!!) would be much appreciated.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
ujawa69;1200918 said:
ok guys, back for more questions. anyone know bout the quality of felpro gaskets?? im getting a full gasket set and putting a new or used oil pump(anyone got one they dont need????) in and hopefully reusing the crank after i have my machinist look at it. after of course removing the block. lol. still in need of a cherry picker, but its coming this weekend. along with the gaskets and getting the crank checked out hopefully. but advice or input on a gasket set other than the dealership( like 600 fuckin dollars!!!) would be much appreciated.
Felpro's are fine.

benchwarmer

Straight Cougar
Aug 2, 2007
Lancaster, CA
ujawa69;1200918 said:

I am strongly opposed to reusing oil pumps. You never know what kind of debris is caught inside. If you do choose to go with a used pump make sure you clean it inside and out like you're going to operate with it.