The idiot light that looks like a carousel or bird cage: What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

confusatron

Aug 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I get this orange idiot light, mostly when the car is cold, its on the left hand side of the dash, and it looks like a carnival carousel or maybe a bird cage, its pretty big. My car is a 1988 Turbo. Is that supposed to be the air filter? Dirty air filter? Thanks.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
p324735_1.jpg

:D

It means your bird is gone, you better catch it, it keeps the hamster entertained!

Or, no, wait, maybe it was the BHG light?

On a serious note though it means your low on coolant, put a little in your overflow bottle and it should go out. However there is a reason that you lost coolant and you should try and find out just why that is.

edit:Holy crap alot of people posted in the 2 min it took to post my reply!

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
lagged said:
if i was a mod i would lock these threads immediatly. you didnt even TRY searching did you?

It's a good thing that you aren't a mod then. If you were, there would be no new discussion, just a bunch of old posts to search through since just about everything has been discussed and/or solved before. Sure it's good to search before asking and I strongly encourage that but I don't think behaving like a wanna be mini-dictator is going to help much. :icon_roll

Oh, you should check for coolant leaks and try searching a bit before you ask a question. :D

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
Boostedstr8six said:
It's a good thing that you aren't a mod then. If you were, there would be no new discussion, just a bunch of old posts to search through since just about everything has been discussed and/or solved before. Sure it's good to search before asking and I strongly encourage that but I don't think behaving like a wanna be mini-dictator is going to help much. :icon_roll

Oh, you should check for coolant leaks and try searching a bit before you ask a question. :D

so we really need 2 threads a month asking "whats this light that looks like a birdcage" ? much useful discussion comes from that now dosnt it.

Boostedstr8six

I have better SA than you
Mar 30, 2005
Near Columbia, the river
lagged said:

I'm not saying they're useful per se, but I don't think they warrant iron fisted lock downs. Just let them quietly slide down the list into oblivion, like they usually do.

Status
Not open for further replies.