The great eBay setup!

zachm611

Beauty In Disguise
Apr 15, 2006
new mexico
hopefully it will last i always thought about getting an ebay set up but all the negative reports steer me away......my ex girl friend is hmong :( i miss her sometimes.. now i have a feisty mexican with a hot temper.

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
Well I've had the kit on since January, just haven't had the time to turn up the boost since I sold my mbc with my stock turbo. So far there is about 3,000 miles on it.

Spanked a few stock STIs and modified WRXs at 10 psi! Maybe I'll get one of my buddies to run up against me again so I can get a video of it. :evil2:

Best $600 I've spent on eBay so far. :biglaugh:

- knowing how to weld helps too.

OH yeah, I forgot to mention the car really picks up and goes. You can tell my gf was tossed around quite a bit. haha.

Last edited:

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
mmmm hmoob model:chicken: hehe the turbo sounds good looks like it picks up speed pretty quick

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
The video clip is supposed to be funny. :naughty: Turbo pulls good, but I need to more boost.

Basically the car pulls like a stock turbo at 15 psi, but at 10 psi.

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Nice video :) How's the spool on that turbo (rpm for onset and full boost)? I'm looking at getting one (I assume its the XSpower "T70" that specs out to a T61), but I was worried about lag with the .84A/R exhaust housing.

LordLo

Jun 20, 2006
OR
dok33 said:
Nice video :) How's the spool on that turbo (rpm for onset and full boost)? I'm looking at getting one (I assume its the XSpower "T70" that specs out to a T61), but I was worried about lag with the .84A/R exhaust housing.

No it's under the name T61. Not a T70, since the T70 XSpower is a T3/T4. I wanted an actual T4 flanged turbo, so I had to buy the manifold, turbo, oil lines, etc. separate.

If you buy the turbo "kits" they have out for the 7mgte, it'll include a turbo with a HUGE exhaust housing and crappy oil lines... overall it's just better to source out the parts you want rather than buy the incomplete "kit".

Compared to stock the .84 exhaust housing will lag. I'll lag probably just 500-700rpms more though (stock one spooled at 3,500; this one at 4,000)... but it's pretty noticable in high traffic conditions. But it pulls like a bat out of hell. Even my friends were amazed by this "eBay" aka "eGay" turbo.