Testing halfcut.. HOW?

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
guys, i came across this question I cant figure out... how???
ANyway, I was shopping for 1JZ motor. how to test a motor when it is already pulled out of car(no longer a halfcut), however, wirings all there.
As far as I know, I need a gas pump to supply gas to motor, a 12v battery, ecu... NOW, what should I do to start up the motor to make sure the motor is good in condition? :)

OneJSupra

I'm a sleeper ...
Feb 9, 2007
Supraland
Jayhall;982682 said:
leak down test not good enough for you? Thats all ive ever done, no problems.... yet

leak down and compression tests should tell you about the health of the motor. But nothing beats actually running it to hear and make sure no rod knocks .... My half clip had a video that it was started and ran before I bought it from jarco.

desmd99

Jun 27, 2007
selangor
OneJSupra;982720 said:
leak down and compression tests should tell you about the health of the motor. But nothing beats actually running it to hear and make sure no rod knocks .... My half clip had a video that it was started and ran before I bought it from jarco.

YEs!! running the motor would be my idea. But how to test the motor since there is only motor with harness and ECU. WHat should I do to get it running?
Thank you.

Jayhall

WHIP THE PISS OUT OF THEM
May 7, 2005
Surrey BC
OneJSupra;982720 said:

that definatly sounds like a good plan. Like i said, no problems yet. I am a little worried about rod knock