Tan interior questions/pic request.

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
Im looking to get back into the supra game and Im thinking that I want one with tan interior. But I havent seen many online and none in person so I was curious how common they are? If they come in leather and/or cloth? And what years it was offered? And if someone could post some pics that would be awesome.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
i wanted to have some recent pics of my interior so i waited to post. here they are. plus a couple others. i think you could only get it with a black or brown '89. at first it wasn't my favorite color of interior, but after a while it grows on you. i have always thought that a red supra with tan interior would look good to, but they didn't have them. sorta the Ferrari look.

p1223701_1.jpg

p1223701_2.jpg

p1223701_3.jpg

p1223701_4.jpg

p1223701_5.jpg

p1223701_6.jpg

p1223701_7.jpg

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
Tan interior isn't my cup of tea but, I can see how it can grow on someone. Blk89t, your car is beautiful, it's pretty much my dream MKIII except I want hardtop. Your sixth pic is my new desktop wallpaper.

Chambers

Now you know
Sep 9, 2007
Baltimore County, Maryland
I have seen a brown 86 with tan interior, and I have also seen a black 87 with tan interior. Both had cloth seats and vinyl headliners, but I'm sure they cam in leather.

I always loved a black car with tan interior.

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
so no one knows the ture history of the tan interior? i'm pretty sure i'm right about how it only came with a black or brown supra, but as far as the years go i have no clue. i don't think after '89 they offered it since i have never seen one 90+ supra with it. i look at sf craigslist often to incase a killer deal comes up.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
this local here was parting out a 87 with a burgundy exterior and tan interior... such an ugly combination haha.
On that note i will be doing a Black Dash + other panels with a tan carpet... i have always loved the look too... Especially on mazda's like the early mx-5 and fd3s rx-7

rossman3s

Mar 20, 2008
Northeast PA
I don't know the history of the tan interior. All I know is my '88 came with one, ripped to shreds. I have a '96 Dodge Stealth with an all tan interior -- it takes a good deal of maintenance to keep up with it. So, that's one reason I went a different route with my Supra's seats. The restoration is nearly complete, some pics: (not the best pictures, but they suffice)

sm_photo_missing.jpg

p1224067_1.jpg

Man I really need to work on her some more...

black89t

boost'en down 101
Oct 27, 2007
humboldt, ca
^yeah. burgundy and tan interior isn't the most pleasent combo. painting the dash should work and look good. you can't really see it but i painted the pannel with the hood latch on it black for a twist to my interior since i have a extra and i really like it. the paint hasn't flaked yet either. i didn't use any special paint either just some rustolium (spelling) gloss black. i did have some PPG acryli-clean left over from when i painted my mom's plymouth. which i feel is why the paint stuck so good. its a degreaser that leaves no residue. its for right before you spray to get any finger prints or whatever off.

edit: dam rossman your shit is hella clean to. i like the custom seats too. it looks like whoever wraped them did a killer job. i have seen some shitty interior work before and that isn't. what color is your car? it looks black but i could be wrong.

rossman3s

Mar 20, 2008
Northeast PA
black89t;1224071 said:
what color is your car? it looks black but i could be wrong.

I wanted to stick with the factory black and have not regretted it. Thanks for the compliments on the seats, I spent days looking over different styles and ultimately came to the conclusion of black with tan inserts. The seat covers are from Katzkin and were installed by a local great upholsterer. One of these days when I get more pictures and time, I'll start a build/restore thread of my own. :icon_bigg

Wow, Tom's all tan interior looks amazing, especially with the seat belt guides.