Tail light gaskets

bruce_lane

Lovin' life
Jan 27, 2006
Elk Grove, California
Hello...

I was told by my local Toyota parts guy that they don't have tail light gaskets any more for my 89 turbo.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of these new. Or where I can get a sheet of some sort of dense EDPM foamy rubber 5mm thick and big enough to cut a new pair from? I have my old ones and could use them if I had to, but would prefer to reinstall my tail lights with new ones.

Thanks,
Bruce

tekdeus

Pronounced Tek-DAY-us
Jan 23, 2006
Vancouver Canada
www.bitrontech.com
I just bought a set from Toyota yesterday, although I'm in Vancouver Canada. There's gotta be a set somewhere in the US! Phone another dealership. You don't want any leaks.

bruce_lane said:
Hello...

I was told by my local Toyota parts guy that they don't have tail light gaskets any more for my 89 turbo.

Anyone know where I can get a pair of these new. Or where I can get a sheet of some sort of dense EDPM foamy rubber 5mm thick and big enough to cut a new pair from? I have my old ones and could use them if I had to, but would prefer to reinstall my tail lights with new ones.

Thanks,
Bruce

bruce_lane

Lovin' life
Jan 27, 2006
Elk Grove, California
thanks tekdeus...

I did only try one dealer. Could you give me the name and number of the dealer that you got your's from if I don't have any luck with dealers here?

BTW... sweet ride you have... very nice.

bruce

bruce_lane

Lovin' life
Jan 27, 2006
Elk Grove, California
Thanks for the part numbers. I'm beginning to think the parts guy didn't want to go throught the trouble of actually finding them on his computer. I had him check for side moulding and front fender gaskets also (neither of those was available either). I'll check another dealer tomorrow.

thanks again...
bruce

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
or jeff at champion toyota: 1-800-327-2087

they've got a great inventory, and give the SOGI discount! woo!

-shaeff

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
supra90turbo said:
cryo: not the same stuff. the taillight gaskets are foam, and should be used. plus, they're only like $30 for both
yeah and the one i got were foam as well. i made a layout with paper and they cut it out for me for free.

bruce_lane

Lovin' life
Jan 27, 2006
Elk Grove, California
Thanks for the responses. If I can't find some at a dealer, I'll have to make my own. However, from what I've heard here, I should be able to find them.

supra90turbo said:
Front fender gasket?

Yeah, it's the thin, narrow rubber gasket that sits between the fender and the inner fender in the engine compartment where they bolt together.

bruce

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
bruce_lane said:
Thanks for the part numbers. I'm beginning to think the parts guy didn't want to go throught the trouble of actually finding them on his computer. I had him check for side moulding and front fender gaskets also (neither of those was available either). I'll check another dealer tomorrow.

thanks again...
bruce

53882-14110

That's the part number for the fender seal(s). Pretty sure it's still available, for $15.98 LIST.

bruce_lane

Lovin' life
Jan 27, 2006
Elk Grove, California
Jeff Lange said:
53882-14110

That's the part number for the fender seal(s). Pretty sure it's still available, for $15.98 LIST.

Thanks again for the part number. I'm really going to be po'd at this parts guy if I can find these too. Maybe when he said they weren't available any more, he meant he didn't have any in stock. Anyway, I'll have to call a couple more dealers this week.

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
No, sadly enough it's simply a cop-out.
He was too inexperienced/lazy or just thought you didn't want to buy and were just looking for prices.
It happens all the time.

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Sunnyvale, CA
jefflange.ca
supra90turbo said:
No, sadly enough it's simply a cop-out.
He was too inexperienced/lazy or just thought you didn't want to buy and were just looking for prices.
It happens all the time.

It shouldn't, and I've never had it happen. It sickens me when I hear about it happening in other places.