tags expired

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Deal drugs. :biglaugh:
See if a friend or parents will hellp you out. No harm in that. No one can always have the money to afford everything. Especially when random shit gets thrown at you.. or people just screw you over.

AGlobalThreat

Acceleration
Apr 4, 2005
Santa Clarita
I drove with exp. tags for 7-8 months.

Got 1 ticket ($$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$)

Pulled over 2 other times for it no ticket issued

ALSO taken out of car cuffed and thrown in the back while my car was searched because of "Expired Tags and Exhaust". I had just registered my car 2 days before had smog+proof and was waiting for the stickers in the mail. No ticket issued but the cop was an asshole, all my friends were watching.

I do not recommend driving with expired tags.

Find some cheap insurance. I just did. Signed with Unitrin Direct not even 2 days ago.

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
fiyota said:
no shame in a young guy blowing all his money on a supra and then being broke afterwards...

No shame in it?

Let me think of the hundereds of better cars that would be more reliable, and cheaper to insure then a supra...........

I dont feel bad for him at all.

Sell the car.

YouGotSpooled

Aug 3, 2006
Saskatoon, Sk. Canada
Id say no shame in it either. I do it.. Well, not to the point I cant afford insurance tho. :biglaugh: Insurance isnt all that exspensive for it anyways.

Supras, Everything else is just transportation. :naughty:

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
take the plates off and slap some paper dealer plates on it while you cash enough cans to afford to register it...

just don't leave it on the street, I've known people that have had their car towed from the street because of expired tags..

fiyota

I ♥ Boost
May 3, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Ckanderson said:
No shame in it?

Let me think of the hundereds of better cars that would be more reliable, and cheaper to insure then a supra...........

I dont feel bad for him at all.

Sell the car.

Your absolutely right ck, there are many other cars better suited to him if he can't afford to own a supra.

I was just making the point that hey, he's young, let him learn the hard way.. Let him learn to prioritize a little better, being able to drive and enjoy the car is more important than making it go faster, I was once in that position myself (altho, i made sure i could afford insurance, so I could enjoy the car)... But I mean, if he was 30 and in the same position, spent all his money on mods for the car, and now can't pay to insure it... that would be shamefull... not when your a new driver trying to work with a car that is very expensive to mantain. Sure he is probably better off with something more econmical, but then again, it wouldn't be the same as a supra, the car that we are all obsessed with and love here on this board.

zurud: a little uncalled for imho

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
California law requires vehicles to be currently registered if they are driven, towed, stored, parked on public roads or highways or parked in an off-street public parking facility at any time during the registration period.

Non-operational means that the vehicle will not be driven, towed, stored, or parked on public roads or highways for the entire registration year.

So getting a non-op registration (which is $17 as I recall) will not really help unless you can get it off the street.

chris717

Banned
Dec 21, 2006
walnut creek, ca
ck i dont know why your telling me to get another car?
i would still have to pay insurance so whats the difference?
I will never get rid of my supra:3d_frown:
i will get money like in a month.
so i need to find out what 2 do for now

AF1JZ

Almost civilian status...
Jun 26, 2006
Fredericksburg, VA
Become a man whore and sell yourself to the fatties.

Have you talked to your parents yet to see if they will loan you money?

chris717

Banned
Dec 21, 2006
walnut creek, ca
no i need to pay 1100 for rent,
food, everything.....
just 18 years old.
could people help me find the cheapest insurance possible in walnut creek,ca : )