tachometer help.....

mattjk

Permanent Ban
May 18, 2006
Huntington Beach
www.cardomain.com
mine was cut in the harness somewhere, and I could not find it after tearing the harness appart, neither could Aaron. Very weird. Anyhow, he ran a new wire from the IGN check connector to the tach. Works perfect.

conundrum07

Just say no to Supras
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City
Bringing this back up, I have the exact same problem. My tach and oil pressure gauges are dead. Anyone figure out what the issue may be?

suprastanger507mgte

2x88+2x89+1x91+2x92=ME
Apr 5, 2005
Hayward , Ca
conundrum07 said:
Bringing this back up, I have the exact same problem. My tach and oil pressure gauges are dead. Anyone figure out what the issue may be?

Is your oil pressure grounded properly? How and what kind of hose are you using to hook up the sender to the block>

conundrum07

Just say no to Supras
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City
Im using the driftmotion hose. Thats exactly what i thought as well, but it tests to ground just fine. I have an 89 so I wonder if some of the body pinouts are slightly different. Ill have to start poking around with the multimeter, but I wanted to make sure there wasnt some common fix first.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection of the pinout diagrams, it looks like I may have hooked up the oil pressure unit wrong. I wired M1 to pin 21 without realizing i need to pull an extra wire. Ill check that out, but my bet is changing it to pin 23 will fix the oil pressure gauge issue.

Last edited: