Status
Not open for further replies.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
I seem to be having some issues with my car

Symptoms are as follows (in chrono. order):

-Steering is very loose the day i drive it home.
-Tendency to wander left and right. More to the right. But it varies...
-Cruise control goes out and idk why
-A strange noise that SEEMS like its coming from somewhere in the steering column (I honestly dont know where it's coming from) but it sounds like a high pitch ticking that increases its speed as I accelerate.

So any supra doc's out there that can diagnos my baby?

NewWestSupras

SoupLvr
Mar 1, 2006
White Rock
If you are in Vancouver BC, try BC shock and strut just over the Patullo bridge if you need an alignment and diagnosis, they do good work. I'd suspect inner and/or outer tie rods, possibly lower ball joints as well. As far as the cruise goes, it's only a vacuum line and actuator, so check the line, and make sure the cable is reasonably tight to the throttle side. I'd make sure the wheels and tires are balanced and good as well. gl.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
how are your rack bushings? when the get oiled up the rack tends to go left and right versus staying in one place which will cause wonder on both ends.

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
I'm in Vancouver, WA...but I will have that checked out to see what it might be.

I believe the speed sensor is going out, because my Speedo bounces pretty often.
I'm sorry for my incompetence, but how do I go about checking for loose bolt in my rack?
Also i'm definitely going to check my bushings and tie rods.

Thanks guys

WaKonabi217

I want Boost
May 18, 2009
Vancouver
^that is good to know...I guess i'll have to fix that soon. Unfortunately the speedo cable is 3 parts so i'll have to buy all 3 and replace them just to be sure...lame lol

Status
Not open for further replies.