suzuki samurai, opinions?

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
JENNY! said:
OMG GET ONE!!! THROW IT ON SOME 1TONS AND 35'S AND CALL IT A GOOD FUCKING DAY! oh and then crawl the hell out of it :]

Why only 1 tons? why not just put some Rockwells under it? :biglaugh: :naughty:

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
translation onejoe?

and loki, what do you recommend for trail-type tires. need something thatll get me anywhere, not ridiculiciously big or knobby. whats the price range of something like that, and what would i be looking at? 29s?

johnathan1

Supra =
Aug 19, 2005
Downey, California, United States
Haha, I love those things!! My dad used to have one, and I would go out and abuse it...haha...you could bounce it off the rev limiter for like 10 mins straight and it would be fine...lol. That car was fun, and totally reliable.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
yeah, so ive heard. most common engine swap is from a suzuki sidekick/geo tracker so i might try that if i get one.

im thinking about getting it to take to college instead of letting my sup' sit out in the college lots forever at a time.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Clip said:
translation onejoe?

and loki, what do you recommend for trail-type tires. need something thatll get me anywhere, not ridiculiciously big or knobby. whats the price range of something like that, and what would i be looking at? 29s?

Hhahahaha, Rockwells are really expensive, IIRC they are around $900 for the front axle and $500 for the rear. For tires I'd say go with some TSL Super Swampers, they are an awesome all around tire. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

628.jpg

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
ide lift it 6 inches (4 in suspention 2 in body) throw on some 35s and get more power in that beast. i see them on TV in the crawling competitions

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
i think im going to throw a 5" lift on one, some nice wide tires. Loki, how about 29-32's x 12.50s?

go with a suzuki sidekick 1.6l efi engine and power steering, weld a full roll cage and a winch, heavier bumpers and call it a day.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
the samurai is a great 4x4 toy there crawer if any thing there tipping issue are big but as soon as you wident he track they ghet much better

the long ones are pefred mostly but i rather have the smaller one's

right now me and this guy are thinking of droping ford 2.3 turbo in one who sasy they cna mudded it up lol

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
suprra_girl said:
i plan on buying the older version sj413 and putting a 1uz in it to go 4wdriving in :D
5pt harnesses & rollbar is getting installed also as rollover in these is fairly easy hehe

they are the coolest small 4x4's ever!!!

harness and full roll cage is a must, i'll get the resident supra mechanic to weld me one in.

someone here was trying to put a 7mge in one.

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
oh yeah. im just gonna swap a sidekick 1.6l in place of the 1.3l, with power steering to boot. gotta have the comfy factor.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Clip said:
i think im going to throw a 5" lift on one, some nice wide tires. Loki, how about 29-32's x 12.50s?

go with a suzuki sidekick 1.6l efi engine and power steering, weld a full roll cage and a winch, heavier bumpers and call it a day.

Sounds like a good plan, I'm really not sure what will fit on the Suzuki with a 5" lift, you'd have to try and find a Suzuki forum and see what people are running. I'm pretty sure they have a forum, but I'm not completly sure about that....

JENNY!

Supracute
Mar 29, 2006
Dublin, CA
www.myspace.com
rockewlls are cheeper than dana 60's. DUH
Loki said:
Hhahahaha, Rockwells are really expensive, IIRC they are around $900 for the front axle and $500 for the rear. For tires I'd say go with some TSL Super Swampers, they are an awesome all around tire. I have heard nothing but good things about them.

628.jpg

RHDMK3

that's it!
Sep 30, 2006
Salem, Oregon
For the Samurai you can either swap in a JDM diesel engine, they still make them here. Or they have kits that allow you to swap in a Chevy 305/350 or a Ford 302 as well. You could JDM those things like no tommorow. Its called the Suzuki Jimny over here. For tires I'd personally recommend either some Dick Cepeks or maybe Nitto Terra Grappler's. Of course you cant go wrong with anything by BFGoodrich either.:)