Supramania Forza Motorsport 2 Tournament (Xbox 360)

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkthree92;890747 said:
Hey, I saw you were having problems too, but I thought yours were problems with the gamertag? Were you able to use the same e-mail for that one? Mine says the gamertag I want is available, but then when I go to enter my e-mail and password, it says it's already signed up for a Xbox Live Account.

Yea mine says it was avalible too, I own the D34DC311 (at) hotmail.com windows live ID, but it kept saying it wasn't linked to it, which is fuckin stupid, no shit I don't have it linked to it why the fuck would I be trying to make a new name if I weren't trying to link to it.

So I gave up, because microsoft is a bunch of fuckin idiots, that and now my 360 can't see my PC so I can play vids threw it over the network, but my PC can see the 360, but cant ping it......but my 360 and laptop work just fine....O and this is after I changed out the MB, and only after I changed it out. Went from a chaintech to a foxconn.

swaq;891707 said:
I expect to be available then.

1. Yellow 13 - GT: Yellow XIII
2. Lino - GT: Lino155
3. swaq - GT: swaqvalley

1. Yellow 13 - GT: Yellow XIII
2. Lino - GT: Lino155
3. swaq - GT: swaqvalley
4. D34DC311 - GT: Supramario

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
D34DC311;891867 said:
Yea mine says it was avalible too, I own the D34DC311 (at) hotmail.com windows live ID, but it kept saying it wasn't linked to it, which is fuckin stupid, no shit I don't have it linked to it why the fuck would I be trying to make a new name if I weren't trying to link to it.

So I gave up, because microsoft is a bunch of fuckin idiots, that and now my 360 can't see my PC so I can play vids threw it over the network, but my PC can see the 360, but cant ping it......but my 360 and laptop work just fine....O and this is after I changed out the MB, and only after I changed it out. Went from a chaintech to a foxconn.

This is so fucking stupid! Why is something that should be so fucking easy to do turn into the biggest fucking pain in the ass ever?! I've tried linking the two Windows IDs and seeing if I can get them merged, and that didn't do shit. Now, I have the two IDs as Xbox Live IDs and it doesn't look like you can merge that either. Fuck, all I want is the crap on both of them to be on the same one. I guess I'm going to have to cancel one (the one with the free trial) and then have to pay to get the username changed?! WTF

I've only been able to race one time. Every other time I've tried, it has said that the room is full or unavailable. Is there something wrong with my settings or something else I'm not doing right?I did notice it said my NAT was Strict in Settings, although I did race that one time. But it doesn't look like there's every many people on at one time, so would the strict settings have something to do with that? I'm connected through the ethernet cord to my laptop.

And for some reason ForzaMotorsport.net, when I sign in, none of my info, photos, or gametag shows up. I put in the info and sign in and the logo uptop changes to Sign Out so I've got to be logged in, and then when I try to view my track times, photos, etc. it says no gametag linked. But if I click on the Gametag link (that doesn't list my gametag or any other info), it will take me to the 360 site where I'm logged in and it shows the gametag.

However, it I put in the account that I use for Zune into ForzaMotorsport.net, the account name shows up. WTF?!?? And of course, Microsoft has not contacted me back... :nono:

Thanks for helping, D34

DonS1mpson

Black Supramacist.
Mar 19, 2006
England!
What time would you guys likely to run this race?

I'd be interested in taking part, just as long as I don't have to be up at 4am my time :D.

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
mkthree92;891986 said:
This is so fucking stupid! Why is something that should be so fucking easy to do turn into the biggest fucking pain in the ass ever?! I've tried linking the two Windows IDs and seeing if I can get them merged, and that didn't do shit. Now, I have the two IDs as Xbox Live IDs and it doesn't look like you can merge that either. Fuck, all I want is the crap on both of them to be on the same one. I guess I'm going to have to cancel one (the one with the free trial) and then have to pay to get the username changed?! WTF

I've only been able to race one time. Every other time I've tried, it has said that the room is full or unavailable. Is there something wrong with my settings or something else I'm not doing right?I did notice it said my NAT was Strict in Settings, although I did race that one time. But it doesn't look like there's every many people on at one time, so would the strict settings have something to do with that? I'm connected through the ethernet cord to my laptop.

And for some reason ForzaMotorsport.net, when I sign in, none of my info, photos, or gametag shows up. I put in the info and sign in and the logo uptop changes to Sign Out so I've got to be logged in, and then when I try to view my track times, photos, etc. it says no gametag linked. But if I click on the Gametag link (that doesn't list my gametag or any other info), it will take me to the 360 site where I'm logged in and it shows the gametag.

However, it I put in the account that I use for Zune into ForzaMotorsport.net, the account name shows up. WTF?!?? And of course, Microsoft has not contacted me back... :nono:

Thanks for helping, D34

NP man, I gave up, I even emailed them and they complete ignored what I was trying to do, I wrote a very clear question and got an answer that didn't help me for shit.

This is the email, automated as hell:

Hello Valued Customer,

Thank you for writing Xbox Customer Support!

I apologize for the inconvenience and as I understand, you are trying to link your Gamertag to a new Windows Live ID account.

If you have migrated your account to an Xbox 360, you cannot change the Windows Live ID account that is linked to it because this is a permanent link. It will only result in a vague error.

You can link your Gamertag to different Windows Live ID accounts but you cannot unlink the original and link it to another one.

Please follow these steps to link your Gamertag to a different Windows Live ID:
  • Create a new Windows Live ID account.
  • Link the old Gamertag to the new Windows Live ID account. This frees up the link from the old Gamertag to the old Windows Live ID account.
  • Link the new Gamertag to old Windows Live ID account.
Important: If you cancel your Xbox Live account and have a Windows Live ID account linked to it, you cannot use that same Windows Live ID account to link to a different Xbox Live account. You can only link each Windows Live ID account to one Xbox Live account. If you want to create a new Xbox Live account, you must link a new Windows Live ID account to your new Xbox Live account.

If you need to reply to this e-mail, please reply 'with history' (include any previous e-mail) so we can expedite our service to you.

You may also call Xbox Phone Support at 1-800-4MYXBOX (1-800-469-9269) at your earliest convenience, and we’ll be happy to help you. We are open everyday from 8am to 12mn US Central Time.

To expedite service, please provide Service Request Number 1054224836 when you call.

Thank you for visiting Xbox.com. If you should have future questions on Xbox products or services, please be sure to revisit our Web site as we are continually adding information to enhance our service.

Sincerely,

Martin
Xbox Customer Care

Best thing is just to make a new tag.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Not a surprise. At least you got that automated piece of crap. I got nothing back. :3d_frown: Yeah, I guess I'll be using this one for the month free trial and then buy the other online and pay to switch the name..

None of my info shows up on Forzamotorsport.net. If I search for my gamertag, I can find my stats, but if I sign in it shows nothing. And none of the pictures are showing up. I'm on the free trial, so Windows Live doesn't have my credit card number. I thought I read somewhere that you have to list a credit card number to your Windows Live ID to link it to the gamertag? Is that the case?

I'm in for the tourny too. My free trial just started a week ago, and only got the 360 a few weeks before that, so I'm a newb with Forza 2 online. I'm not near any of you guys' lap times, but I'm in. My gamertag is mkthree92, at least for the free trial. We go Sunday at 7 PM Eastern I'm guessing?

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Yellow 13;898702 said:
7:00 PM pacific/west coast time.

Whoops, I should've figured that since you're in CA...ahh, I guess that's what I get for being on here at 3 AM.

mkthree92

Supramania Contributor
Jan 21, 2007
AL
Dammit, something happened to my internet,nI was kicked off and that was that. Oh well, I was getting killed though. ::hang::

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Yellow 13;900657 said:
Man, Swaq is good.
I hadn't touched Forza 2 for about a month until today. Just did some warm up laps beforehand.

I managed to hit walls at least three times. On King Cobra I damaged my steering on the first lap, the rest of the race my car was pulling to the left.

I think the Supra RZ has an advantage over the 2.0 GT. I played around with both last month and the RZ seemed to be consistently faster when tuned for the A class.