Supra won't start, and nothing electrical is working, please help

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
Hi. My supra won't start, and nothing electrical is working. I put a new battery in, so that rules out one possibility. This problem started after I left my car out in the cold for a week w/o driving it, and then it wouldn't start. I put a new battery in and it started, but then I left it a couple more days in the cold, and now nothing electrical is working. When I turn the key, nothing happens, no noise, just no response. Any suggestions would be nice. Thanks for reading. :icon_bigg

Ryan

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
in a word....yes.

You just said you have no electrical at all. Start at the source and work your way down. Check the battery. If it's good then check the fuses. Let us know what you find.

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
I just cleaned the terminals, but still no power. The battery is being tested right now. Thanks again for the suggestions.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you put in a new battery, and a few days later it is dead, don't you think you might have an electrical problem with the car itself? If you have low voltage on the battery, and it was good when you got it, you have a charge problem, or drain problem.

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Just get a voltage meter. Not only would you be able to quickly tell if there was power in the battery, it would help you out with many things in the future as well.

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
Yeah, I'm definitely going to buy a voltage meter now. The battery tested bad, and I got a replacement on warranty. I'm going to put it in soon, and hopefully the supra starts!!!!! :love:

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
Car started. I think the electrical problem is a blown alternator fuse. Good thing I asked for help, I was about to sell the car for really cheap because it wouldn't start :biglaugh:

super.secret.supra.club

Supramania Contributor
Mar 22, 2007
San Diego, CA
im a lil late on this subject. i ran into a very similar problem with my own car. the ALT fuse was still good but it turned out that it was the wire that lead from the battery to the ALT fuse. my volt meter was my best friend at that point.

ed.d.

Anth505

Failte
Apr 8, 2007
Toronto Ontario
Good thing I asked for help, I was about to sell the car for really cheap because it wouldn't start

Are you for real? You might as well sell your car then. This won't be the first time you will have a problem with this or any car. Jesus...do some research and learn about how your car works.

Ryanfz

May 9, 2005
Sparks Nv
Anth505;971093 said:
Are you for real? You might as well sell your car then. This won't be the first time you will have a problem with this or any car. Jesus...do some research and learn about how your car works.

Well, the problem is fixed, so I learned something new... And I am selling the car, but now I can sell it for more!!!