Supra Turbo BOV

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
That's exactly how it's suppost to work ;). And when you switch to an actual Blow Off Valve (the stock is a bypass valve of sorts) it vents the air directly into the atmospher, causing the engine to load up on fuel because it thinks it's getting that extra bypassed air put back into the engine, this causes it to backfire and even stall on some 7M's ;).

GotToyota?

Dedicated Member
Apr 6, 2005
Texas Motor Speedway
starscream5000 said:
when you switch to an actual Blow Off Valve (the stock is a bypass valve of sorts) it vents the air directly into the atmospher, causing the engine to load up on fuel because it thinks it's getting that extra bypassed air put back into the engine, this causes it to backfire and even stall on some 7M's ;).
Isn't that why many people keep the stock BOV in addition to the aftermarket BOV?

-Matt

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
HellsLegion said:
No, Thats because they are lazy.

you forgot cheap too! the stock bov is only good till around 10 psi or less and with worn out parts and however many miles its probibly blown already

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Is this what u are looking for?

TiAL BOV and stock BOV
sm_photo_missing.jpg

Brady

Feb 4, 2007
Bay Area
www.nbhq.net
starscream5000 said:
That's exactly how it's suppost to work ;). And when you switch to an actual Blow Off Valve (the stock is a bypass valve of sorts) it vents the air directly into the atmospher, causing the engine to load up on fuel because it thinks it's getting that extra bypassed air put back into the engine, this causes it to backfire and even stall on some 7M's ;).

does this than have an adverse affect on gas mileage?

veedubin

Official SM Decals
IJ. said:

Running 2 BOV's seems a little pointless....... I think..... the stocker if it is weak will open before you hit your desired boost level (as mine does:icon_evil ) then by the time the other one kicks open, there is nothing more to vent, as the stocker already bled it off.. am i wrong??? BTW where is a good place to get a cheap BOV

kwnate

Lurker
Jul 10, 2005
None of your fucking business
veedubin said:
Running 2 BOV's seems a little pointless....... I think..... the stocker if it is weak will open before you hit your desired boost level (as mine does:icon_evil ) then by the time the other one kicks open, there is nothing more to vent, as the stocker already bled it off.. am i wrong??? BTW where is a good place to get a cheap BOV
When running high boost one BOV might not have the capacity to vent the air and will cause compressor surge. That is why IJ has two.

dcrusupra said:
Is this what u are looking for?

TiAL BOV and stock BOV
sm_photo_missing.jpg
Does that Tial function properly with no vacuum source? Seems like it would leak boost.

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Actually it doesn't leak. It sounds great on the car. I've capped it off better since then. That was just a picture from the first test drive. Now it holds 8 psi all the way til redline. It held 10 psi the first test drive until my 3000 to TB coupler exploded. Then I put it back to stock boost.