SUPRA NOT STARTING !

SupraMan89

May 10, 2006
Ohio
www.cardomain.com
So i drive my supra to work one day and it runs fine and everything...try and start it after work and it dont start. I unplug the mass air sensor and it will start but will only idle, if you give it gas it dies... I have tested cold start sensor, mass air sensor, ecu, and its giving me a code 24 ? does anyone know what that is or how to fix it, or anything else that could be wrong. Thanks

SupraMan89

May 10, 2006
Ohio
www.cardomain.com
SupraMan89 said:
So i drive my supra to work one day and it runs fine and everything...try and start it after work and it dont start. I unplug the mass air sensor and it will start but will only idle, if you give it gas it dies... I have tested cold start sensor, mass air sensor, ecu, and its giving me a code 24 ? does anyone know what that is or how to fix it, or anything else that could be wrong. Thanks

I have also tested for fuel and its getting fuel....and i can also smell it....i can hear the fuel pump running and have taken off a line and there is plenty. thanks

chris717

Banned
Dec 21, 2006
walnut creek, ca
sorry 2 jack your thread but i have a question too..
my car's battery is dead, when i charge it it turns on really fast but my rpm seems to be stuck at 3k?
also when i put jumper cables it turns on but when i disconnect the cables it dies? wtf
help please

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
SupraMan89 said:

I had something like this happen. What you should check is the connector that plugs into the maf. One of the pins wasn't connecting to the maf cause the car to not wanna start.

Whasian

Whasian

CEO of HAS
Jun 12, 2007
Houston
www.myspace.com
chris717 said:
sorry 2 jack your thread but i have a question too..
my car's battery is dead, when i charge it it turns on really fast but my rpm seems to be stuck at 3k?
also when i put jumper cables it turns on but when i disconnect the cables it dies? wtf
help please

That really sounds like that either an internal/external voltage reulator problem or that the alternator is bad... Take your alternator off and go to Autozone and have them test.

Whasian

chris717

Banned
Dec 21, 2006
walnut creek, ca
i did the alt is good.
it seems whenever i jump it with the cables.. the engine sounds really nice. but then it dies whenever i disconnect it :3d_frown:
its never done this before...
oh the reason the car died in the 1st place was, i left the fog lights on//
:1zhelp:

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
Leaving the fog lights on killed the battery. When you jumped it off instead of getting the battery charged, the alternator had to work to hard to charge a completely dead battery, which killed it as well. Replace both, and don't leave your lights on ;)

NeatOman

Never know enough!
Oct 5, 2006
Addison, IL
EW!!!! auto zone alternator!

This is how they get them

A class parts go to new cars

B class go to dealer mixed in with A (depends)

B (premium) and C (normal/premium) classes are what you get in NAPA

C and D is what you get in autozone, the only way to get B is to special order

F are thrown away or sent back to rebuild

FYI high performance is usually revised A parts or dealer quality parts, and sometimes there really high performance (sometimes)

All the lifetime parts are made with large tolerances so they wont work as hard (not as much efficacy)