Supra is 50% mine :-D

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
holy shit! 590?? 35k miles?? BAH!!!!
i'd jump on that deal as well. literally. i'd find the damn thing, jump on top, and scream *MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!* while wildly waving something sharp.

but on the serious side....
what do we have here... around 1500 dollars (to include any problems/other fixes) for a 1jz supra in decent condition? i'd LOVE that deal.

now...were there any non-turbo JZ's? i automatically assume TT, but now that i think of the price maybe its n/a? maybe?

good luck finding a tranny, i'm sure you'll do alright, you have so far.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Figit090 said:
i'd jump on that deal as well. literally. i'd find the damn thing, jump on top, and scream *MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE!!!* while wildly waving something sharp.

what do we have here... around 1500 dollars (to include any problems/other fixes) for a 1jz supra in decent condition? i'd LOVE that deal.

now...were there any non-turbo JZ's? i automatically assume TT, but now that i think of the price maybe its n/a? maybe?

Both engines had a GE version.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
Merlyn said:
Thanks :-D, I am rather happy about it, need to fix the interior but aside from that it is a 2nd car and I will hopefully enjoy it. Now I just need to get some more research done here ;-/. Research, I swear I spend more time on that then actually working on my car. BTW, Found a great deal on a 1JZ with 25 - 35k miles on it for $590, anyone know where to get a transmission to go along with that?

What else is included with the engine? If it's just the engine, don't expect to be saving too much money. The rest of the needed parts to make a running 1J car will bring the cost up alot more than 590+transmission.

Not to discourage you, just being realistic.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Figit090 said:

Item Description

• IMPORTED FROM JAPAN
• Make: Toyota
• Engine Code: 1JZGTTE
• Year: 91-93
• Valve Train: DOHC 6cyl. 24 Valves
• Horse Power: 280hp@6200rpm
• Torque: 315lbs@4000rpm
• Displacement: 2491cc
• Mileage: Approximately 25-35 Thousand Miles
• Condition: Best
• Included: Complete Motor
Complete Head & Block
Distributor, Intake Manifold
Exhaust Manifold, Alternator
Power Steering Pump
Fuel Rail, Injectors
Throttle Body, Turbo
Cam Angle Sensor
Turbochargers, Turbo manifolds

Other prices I have found (if you think it would be better to get what these come with)

$1750
Complete Engine
5 Speed Transmission

ECU (Computer0 Engine)
un cut Wirring Harness

Turbos
Intake Manifold

Exhaust Manifold
Alternator

AC Compressor
Power Steering Pump

Coil Pack's
Fuel Rail

Throttle Body
Pulleys

Starter
Clutche Kit

Fly Wheel
Igniter chip

All Brackets and Sensors

$1799
Specifications
DOHC 6cyl. 24 val 2.5L Twin Turbo
• Year: 91-93
• HP: 280hp@6200rpm
• Torque: 315lbs@4000rpm
• Diplacement: 2491cc
• Compression Ratio: 8.5:1

List Of Parts Included
• Complete Motor
- Block
- Head
- Intake Manifold
- Exhaust Manifold
- Sensors
- Fuel Rail
- Injectors
- Cam Angle Sensor
- Throttle Body
- Alternator
- Starter
- Ignition Wires
- Pulleys
- Turbo manifolds
- Turbochargers

• 5-Speed RWD Transmission

• Computer(ECU)

• Wiring Harness

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
I'd be very worried about buying from them. where are you getting this from?

For one, there is no distributor on a 1J. The fact that they list it there is a big red flag to me.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
2543arvin said:
why do you immediately criticize this guys thread because there are no pics yet. its not even his car yet, and the thread is about him letting everyone know that he almost owns a supra...not "do you like my new paint job?":3d_frown:

Anytime someone posts about a new car or a new puppy or a new girlfriend. It's almost like a race to see who can post this...............:ttiwwp:

Nothing negative was meant about it and I'm just mad that he beat me to it...........:biglaugh:

Back on topic.........looks like you've got alot of work ahead of you. I suggest forgetting the 1jz right now, and just fix the ::bhg:: and get it running so you can enjoy it. You'll need to save up for the 1jz swap or it will be down for a long time. Good luck.

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Well, the car is going to be down for a long time, I have a lot of bills to pay (Just put the works on my 02 Maxima (Header / Intake / Exhaust), Brand Spanking New Transmission (04 HLSD 6-Speed) With Clutch and Flywheel (Aftermarket of course), and just found out I need to replace my clutch master and clutch slave cylinder on that as well (Got that in the mail a day ago) along with new Motor Mounts (Energy Suspension). So yea, my deal with the wife... err Girlfriend is I can buy the car, but I must pay all my bills off before I touch it... I also have $4k sitting in a bank account which I am about to gain access to this coming week (going to texas to see my ill grandmother and visit with my dad who is also going to visit who has the money). Long story short, I have a fast car now (atleast compared to the NA 86.5 Supra) I will not have any enjoyment with the car until it is TT. I went on a search 6 months ago for a car that was Turboed for a good price, I found it, well it isn't turboed yet, but well that is the plan :-D, this car's purpose is for my enjoyment, always wanted a boosted car, love working on things, and well I have some friends at work that my Maxima just BARELY loses to, GTP, 2 GTi's both reflashed (Brand new GTi's) so yea... the supra is my secret weapon to making my e-penis grow larger :-D:squirt-mo

(thought i am not sure after the header install (dyno proven 20WHP) what the race is like. the GTi had me by a car last race we had, but then again he almost had to excuse him self he was drooling so much in complete shock that i held that close)

just so I don't get bashed as they love to do at the Maxima forums... I street race, very very very rarely late at night circling the area for traffic, race right after the last exit ramp, and last location for anyone to get on the road for a good 5 miles, road is complete straight, so yea, bash if you must but well, I own a car, want me to granny it?

Last edited:

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
not to double post, but the thought just came to mind...

7MGE = 200 HP - 3.0L
1JZGTTE = 280 HP - 2.5L
7MGTE = 232 HP - 3.0L

ok, the 1JZ requires
1. New Motor (Expensive at that, compared to a 7MGTE)
2. Modification along with a new Transmission
3. Labor for that modification or more time on my part to modify the car

7MGE
1. Engine is already in the car, old but still in the car
2. Requires a HG Fix
3. Higher compression but same block so I could technically easily turbo it for cheap (using 7MGTE Parts)?

7MGTE
1. Lower compression then the 7MGE as it is stock Turbo
2. Can easily upgrade the turbo on it
3. Can get the engine for half the price of a 1JZ
4. Direct Fitment

I plan to do some research on this above question, but if anyone is dropping by to add a comment on the car, your opinions woudl help

in my eyes the 1JZ follows the same ideas the MK4, everyone wants it..

I know this statement does not follow with import cars but a friend always told me...

there is no replacement for displacement.

simply, I want the car to be fast (don't plan to hit 700WHP anytime soon but someday, who knows). Want to be able to drive it legally around town. Want to at start push above 300 HP. Just peoples 2 cents or places to get some more information would be great.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Merlyn said:
not to double post, but the thought just came to mind...

7MGE = 200 HP - 3.0L
1JZGTTE = 280 HP - 2.5L
7MGTE = 232 HP - 3.0L

ok, the 1JZ requires
1. New Motor (Expensive at that, compared to a 7MGTE)
2. Modification along with a new Transmission
3. Labor for that modification or more time on my part to modify the car

7MGE
1. Engine is already in the car, old but still in the car
2. Requires a HG Fix
3. Higher compression but same block so I could technically easily turbo it for cheap (using 7MGTE Parts)?

7MGTE
1. Lower compression then the 7MGE as it is stock Turbo
2. Can easily upgrade the turbo on it
3. Can get the engine for half the price of a 1JZ
4. Direct Fitment

I plan to do some research on this above question, but if anyone is dropping by to add a comment on the car, your opinions woudl help

in my eyes the 1JZ follows the same ideas the MK4, everyone wants it..

I know this statement does not follow with import cars but a friend always told me...

there is no replacement for displacement.

simply, I want the car to be fast (don't plan to hit 700WHP anytime soon but someday, who knows). Want to be able to drive it legally around town. Want to at start push above 300 HP. Just peoples 2 cents or places to get some more information would be great.
im not really sure what youre leaning towards now, if its the 7m or the 1j but here is drjonez' info on doing the 7mgte swap, which is what i did, and im very happy. it also has some ball park figures for prices that you could compare with your prices if you were to go the 1jz route.

http://www.4cefed.com/

just click on NA>Turbo conversion info