Supra Drifting ? Plausable?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodama5anthony

Sep 24, 2010
Bay Area, CA
Setsuko37;1873061 said:
"i can rock a sticker that says "SUPRACHARGED" *Facepalm*

touche' my friend. and i still plan to supercharge a 7mge some point in the future or possibly twin charge, but thats besides the point so why dont we pull our heads out our asses and get to point with this thread?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
My 87 was setup to drift (turbo, hardtop, cusco front and rear strut bars ... if they actually do anything...) megan coilovers set to full hard and shaved tires (or wore out.. hard to tell.. lol). W58 transmission seemed to be faster acceleration than my R154, but less top end. Not sure if thats actually true, but it sure seemed that way. I think the 7M was boosting 11 psi, and it would drift easily, but the turn radius was too short so you ended up having the ass end swing out too far if you werent very careful. Wasn't the best drift car, but it did functin well and looked super cool when Mark Lin was doing it (he used to have a vid up of it on Youtube).

planemos

Apr 22, 2011
Slocan Park, BC, Canada
Is drifting a supra plausable? Yes. Question does not specify what kind of Supra but this forum mostly assumes mkiii. I believe that anyone drifting a Supra loves drifting a lot. And that person will do it as much as they can. Even on the streets when the coast is clear :icon_evil That's how drifting started and I hope it never dies (even if a couple guys on sm disagree). Manabu Orido. Nob Taniguchi drifted a Toyota Altezza and that car is pretty big as well. The big obstacle to overcome is the steering angle. But an mkiii is for sure a great entry level drift machine. If you just want to take a stock one and learn what oversteer/understeer feels like it works. If you want to find out how to link a series of corners with transition drifts, it works. If you want to constantly add performance upgrades and see how much better the car drifts afterwards, it friggen works. Yes plausible. End thread?

A70BoosTFienD

A.K.A. Knight Rider
Oct 28, 2008
Orlando, Florida, United States
Honestly OP. My 1j mk3 is setup for grip driving but i slide my car every once and a while but if i was gonna get into drifting i would get a 240. they are light and easier to manipulate considering all the things that come with the supra that make it heavy like power seats and a heavy as inline 6 lol. its plausable but why make a bread track car drift. if your tryin to cut though traffic and play on the citys highways to fuck all the mustangs and cameros up then i would say mk3 all day. its alot of work and money to make the supra drift amazing when the 240 is almost born to do it

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Honestly, for the money... Buy an LS1 powered F-body with a manual. Easy to transition, easy to break free, easy to handle, and a long wheel base so you don't wrap your ass around a pole backwards the first time.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
p1873612_1.jpg

Enough people. If you're going to insist upon acting like children, do it elsewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.